Suh is reportedly interested in playing for the Eagles.

Jeff Kerr
cbssports.com

Ndamukong Suh is three years remaining on his monster deal with the Miami Dolphins, but that apparently won't stop him from coming to the Philadelphia Eagles. According to Sports Illustrated's Robert Klemko, Suh told Eagles defensive line coach Chris Wilson he's play for the Eagles for free in 2018...back when the team held joint practices in August.

The Eagles-Dolphins joint practice was enough to impress Suh to play for the Eagles down the line. Suh was enamored with the Eagles defensive tackles and their work with Wilson, giving the 31-year old a chance to revitalize his career...and a golden opportunity at a Super Bowl ring.

"When the team practiced against Miami, Dolphins players took note of how fast Eagles players moved from drill to drill," Klemko wrote. "Lee recalls Ndamukong Suh being so impressed with the team that he approached defensive line coach Chris Wilson with an offer: 'Suh told our defensive line coach, ‘The way y’all practice is unbelievable. I don’t care about money at this point—I think I want to play with y’all next year for free.' Our coach was like, 'Uhh, can we get that in writing?'"

Suh denied the conversation through a Dolphins spokesperson.

Suh is owed $26.1 million in 2018 with the Dolphins saving just $3.9 million in cap space if they release him. He's owed $28.1 million the following season, with Miami saving $15 million is they release him then. Suh had 38 tackles and 4.5 sacks last season and his still one of the best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL...having 51.5 sacks since entering the league in 2010.

Playing for free is an intriguing offer for the Eagles, but Suh would have to get released by the Dolphins in order for that to happen. Miami saves $17 million if it designates Suh as a post-June 1 cut, so the Eagles could sign him them. Suh has made over $124 million in his carer, so playing for free wouldn't be a big deal.

If the Eagles were to land Suh, he would be an excellent pass-rushing backup tackle behind Fletcher Cox and Timmy Jernigan in Jim Schwartz's one-gap scheme. The rotation possibilities would be endless.

The Dolphins hold all the cards on this poker table. If Suh is released, the Eagles will see if he holds
true to his word.