Thread: DOJ files suit against company for allegedly not hiring Americans

DOJ files suit against company for allegedly not hiring Americans

By Jake Gibson
    Fox News

The Department of Justice announced Thursday it has filed a lawsuit against a Colorado corporation for allegedly discriminating against U.S. workers.

The complaint alleges that in 2016, Crop Production discriminated against at least three United States citizens by refusing to employ them as seasonal technicians in El Campo, Texas, because Crop Production preferred to hire temporary foreign workers under the H-2A visa program.

“In the spirit of President Trump’s Executive Order on Buy American and Hire American, the Department of Justice will not tolerate employers who discriminate against U.S. workers because of a desire to hire temporary foreign visa holders,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement. “… Where there is a job available, U.S. workers should have a chance at it before we bring in workers from abroad.”

This is the first complaint filed stemming from the “Protecting U.S. Workers Initiative,” which was launched on March 1.

A Civil Rights Division official told Fox News that since the initiative’s launch, the division has opened 29 investigations of “potential discrimination against U.S. workers based on a hiring preference for foreign visa workers.”

DOJ officials also told Fox News the department has reached at least one settlement with a company discriminating against U.S. workers in favor of foreign visa workers, and distributed over $100,000. (NOT ENOUGH !)

The cage has been rattled .
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

I thought farm hands HAD to be migrant workers, and migrant workers HAD to be Mexican. What is this nonsense session s pulling

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    I thought farm hands HAD to be migrant workers, and migrant workers HAD to be Mexican. What is this nonsense session s pulling
    Does the title -seasonal 'technicians' mean it's above their pay grade ?
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

Does the title 'seasonal 'technicians' mean it's above their pay grade?

Yes, you can be sure the lawsuit is being fought over who gets a valuable job.

It's seasonal work that involves technical expertise, and as such higher pay. Trump wants all those positions that involve higher pay to get filled by Americans instead. This creates the look of a caste system where the picking labor is for peep of Mexican descent and the machine operators, technicians and overseers, are non-Mexican. Don't you think that it's good that Crop Production Co. prefers to fill the better-paying positions the same way as they do the grunt work? That way it doesn't seem as if preferential hiring is going on for the skill jobs.

Gunderidiot strikes again.

What part of it's illegal to discriminate against a person because of his national origin are you incapable of understanding.
    "On to 2017"

I believe I responded to Talon's question rationally and we will await his reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    I believe I responded to Talon's question rationally and we will await his reply.
    The next time you're rational will be the 1st time. Commie's are never rational.

And by the way, my reply to you was spot on. They simply can't discriminate, it's illegal!
    "On to 2017"

If the discrimination has yet to be proved, why not come back with big talk when it is?

What, afraid Yule forget?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    If the discrimination has yet to be proved, why not come back with big talk when it is?

What, afraid Yule forget?
    Are you reading comp challenged? One case has already settled, so they were obviously guilty.

And please learn proper use of the English language before making further posts!
    "On to 2017"