Thread: OT- I must give Cashman some credit.

OT- I must give Cashman some credit.

Yankees were in dreadful shape but the trades for Didi, Castro and Hicks transformed them into a solid team.Add Judge, Sanchez, Bird and Severino from the system and they are arguably in just as good if not better shape than Red Sucks going forward.
    Personally, I think Tyler Austin is a 30 HR guy waiting to happen, who has been handled poorly and if Gleyber Torres 2b/SS/3rd base, Clint Frazier OF, Billy McKinney OF/1st , Miguel Andujar/ 3rd base are as good as I think they are, Yankees have plenty left in the system, ready to help next year in position players
    add five tool Estefan Florial CF and Dermis Garcia 3rd/1st, maybe the best 19 year old power hitter in the minors and Yankees are loaded with position players at every level.
    There's a plethora of pitching prospect at the lower also, guys throwing 97 who project as starters and relievers galore.
    Must give Cashman, Oppenheimer and Gary Denbo especially the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylarry View Post
    Yankees were in dreadful shape but the trades for Didi, Castro and Hicks transformed them into a solid team.Add Judge, Sanchez, Bird and Severino from the system and they are arguably in just as good if not better shape than Red Sucks going forward.
    Personally, I think Tyler Austin is a 30 HR guy waiting to happen, who has been handled poorly and if Gleyber Torres 2b/SS/3rd base, Clint Frazier OF, Billy McKinney OF/1st , Miguel Andujar/ 3rd base are as good as I think they are, Yankees have plenty left in the system, ready to help next year in position players
    add five tool Estefan Florial CF and Dermis Garcia 3rd/1st, maybe the best 19 year old power hitter in the minors and Yankees are loaded with position players at every level.
    There's a plethora of pitching prospect at the lower also, guys throwing 97 who project as starters and relievers galore.
    Must give Cashman, Oppenheimer and Gary Denbo especially the credit.
    No question. I was one of Cashmans biggest detractors and for a long time it was justified. But he got it right finally and has set this team up for a decade of dominance. Nice job Brian...nice job. But keep it up!!!

Assistant Coach
    They know talent, they seem to have learned from mistakes from previous years. The farm system is great just look at the talent that has the Yankees thrive this year. That other team in NY should look at the Yankee model!

Better or not shape than the Sox is highly subjective. Sox are loaded with young talent too. Best true statement is that we are poised for a good long run of intense, and top of the league caliber, Yankee-Red Sox rivalry. And that is awesome for baseball and both fan bases.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Better or not shape than the Sox is highly subjective. Sox are loaded with young talent too. Best true statement is that we are poised for a good long run of intense, and top of the league caliber, Yankee-Red Sox rivalry. And that is awesome for baseball and both fan bases.
    IMO the Yanks are better set up wiht the exception of the Sox having Sale at the top of their rotation. Sox are a really really good team but their rotation IMO is more suspect after Sale. Plus if we somehow keep them all, our bullpen is just dominant. Not to mention the fact that we had that awful 30 game stretch and still wil finish with 90 wins and only 4 or so games behind Boston...and thats BEFORE our #1 prospect even arrives in NY. Add the amount of salary that will be shed this off season and the hopeful addition of another top end pitcher and I do think the Yanks will surpass the Sox...but it should be a great great rivalry for the next 5-10 years because the Sox arent going anywhere either and have the funds to improve too.

But to me, Judge, Sanchez, Castro, (hopefully) Torres, Didi, and yes Bird (who I firmly believe is going to have a breakout year next year) will form a young, dominant core lineup for a long time. Toss in Ellsbury (who we are stuck with but is solid when healthy), Gardy (if hes still here) and Hicks in the OF until the other kids arrive. And if any of Frazier, Austin, Andujar, and Florial live up to billing, even better. But even if they dont, the Yanks will have the ability to use FA the way its suppossed to be used and add a piece here and there to complment the home grown core. And pitching? Not sure we have a true #1 in the system and Im not sold yet the Severino is a true 1 but...between Severino, Tanaka and Gray we have a bunch of solid #2s and I love Montgomery upside. Sign a front end starter to add to this group combined wiht the best bullpen in baseball and that lineup and you have a WS contender for a very long time.