Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who was the 3rd highest rated QB from the weekend?

Guess who was the 3rd highest rated QB from the weekend?

"On to 2017"

Team Owner
    McCown is actually likeable unlike $hitz and he's twice the qb.

He could actually ruin the jets chance at the top draft slots

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    McCown is actually likeable unlike $hitz and he's twice the qb.

He could actually ruin the jets chance at the top draft slots
    Mac would pull a "Tonya Harding" first.

When? One more win and we are already teetering on the brink of missing Darnoldt/Rosen.

The Jets beat up a solid, physical Miami team last week and were right there with the Raiders until a muffed punt. This is not 2-3 win team IMO

If they win the next two winnable games they are playing the Pats in 3 weeks for first place LMFAO

This is why i dont get crazy over the tank stuff. I root for the youngsters to play well and if they win so be it. When the football powers decide to drop the FQB in our lap it will happen one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    The Jets beat up a solid, physical Miami team last week and were right there with the Raiders until a muffed punt. This is not 2-3 win team IMO
    How good are these teams?

Oakland's defense might be a overrated POS. They gave up a 114 or something like that QB rating to McCown heck they even made the great Matt Forte look good he's at 4.1 ypc on the season thanks to them he sucked against Buffalo & Miami. They followed that up with a Sunday night smackdown in Washington.

If they win the next two winnable games they are playing the Pats in 3 weeks for first place LMFAO

This is why I dont get crazy over the tank stuff. I root for the youngsters to play well and if they win so be it. When the football powers decide to drop the FQB in our lap it will happen one way or another.
    It'll be amazing if it happens but I can't forget what the expectations were coming into the season.

From 0-16 to checking off Ws on the schedule/thinking about a first place showdown with NE nah I can't do it.

I'll take whatever they can get. One game at a time. For now I'm just so happy I don't have to dread a 0-16 season anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    How good are these teams?

Oakland's defense might be a overrated POS. They gave up a 114 or something like that QB rating to McCown heck they even made the great Matt Forte look good he's at 4.1 ypc on the season thanks to them he sucked against Buffalo & Miami. They followed that up with a Sunday night smackdown in Washington.

It'll be amazing if it happens but I can't forget what the expectations were coming into the season.

From 0-16 to checking off Ws on the schedule/thinking about a first place showdown with NE nah I can't do it.

I'll take whatever they can get. One game at a time. For now I'm just so happy I don't have to dread a 0-16 season anymore.
    Not checking off W's. I said IF they win two winnable games coming up

O BTW what happened to Bitonti Forgot the password to that account?

gg is a YAM cubed after that irrational post!
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post

This is why i dont get crazy over the tank stuff. I root for the youngsters to play well and if they win so be it. When the football powers decide to drop the FQB in our lap it will happen one way or another.
    I would agree with everything you said here except for the fact that this all happening with a backup vet QB who, if everything breaks perfectly makes us a mediocre team with NO CHANCE in the playoffs. If you could say all of that exactly the same but with Hack or Petty playing QB, I'm all in, let's win, let's try to get close to, or even IN the playoffs. But if we're gonna SNIFF an 8 or 9 win season, or even flirt with a playoff berth, and it's because we are getting another career year out of a JAG vet backup, it's just f@cking pointless.

Win with the kids. Or f@cking LOSE!!!!!!! I do not say this every year. I say this THIS year. If we don't land a blue chip QB in this draft, we are mediocre for another decade. Guaranteed.

Miami, yeah they are a "solid, physical" team on paper, but they mailed it in in that game and their QB was as off as an NFL QB can be. I think this IS a 3 win team if we play Hack/petty. And i think it's still a 3 win team if McCown plays mediocre, but if McCown is going to play the best he's capable of, then we are a 5 to 6 win team. And that is the EXACT WORST CASE. I said this before, but the Sheldon trade was "great" from a value, long term building position, but in the short run it drastically improved our offense and that is f@cking up the tank. The O went from horrific, to mediocre. From 2 wins to 4 or 5. That's how much of a swing a legit, capable vet WR makes when you already had a "good" NFL backup as the QB. McCown with NO WR weapons is much much mch different than McCown with some WR weapons.

That trade is f@cking up our ENTIRE long term plan here. I still have confidence Bowles (and the Miami game) was a sham, but this offense if fighting and McCown is much better than Fitz, and we could win 5 or 6 if he keeps playing decent.

Team Owner
    If Mac wanted to tank he should have signed superstar backup qb 18mill a year Mike Glennon

I see by the stat sheet he was super awesome again tonight

Amazes me that GM's who get paid millions of dollars can't see how bad these guys really are.

Too bad the boards biggest Glennon fan ran away with his tail between his legs, he was also a big $hitz fan.