Thread: Just in case you were looking for a reason to root against the Spurs...

Just in case you were looking for a reason to root against the Spurs...

Not to be outdone in the fight for 'social justice' leftism...

NBA Coach: 'White People Especially' Should Be Made 'Uncomfortable'

"You have advantages"

Screenshot

ByPaul Bois @PaulBois39

September 26, 2017

If you thought the social justice infecting the NFL was insufferable, wait until you get a look at the merry band of social justice warriors in the NBA.

Just this past Monday night, on top of NBA all-star LeBron James calling Trump voters "uneducated," San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich checked his white privilege in the face of athletes kneeling during the National Anthem, saying that if it makes people feel uncomfortable, that's good, especially if those people are white.

From the LGBT movement to feminism to race relations, Popovich made sure to leave no social justice movement unmentioned.

“Well, because it’s uncomfortable, and there has to be an uncomfortable element in the discourse for anything to change," he said. "Whether it’s the LGBT movement, women’s suffrage, race, it doesn’t matter. People have to be made to feel uncomfortable, and especially white people because we’re comfortable. We still have no clue of what being born white means."

Then he took it into serious intersectionality territory by suggesting that society has created a made-up idea of "whiteness."

“If you read some of the recent literature, you’ll realize there really is no such thing as whiteness, but we kind of made that up. That’s not my original thought, but it’s true,” Popovich said.

He added, “Because you were born white, you have advantages that are systemically, culturally, psychologically there. And they have been built up and cemented for hundreds of years. But many people can’t look at it. It’s too difficult.”

“It can’t be something that is on their plate on a daily basis. People want to hold their position, people want the status quo, people don’t want to give that up. And until it’s given up, it’s not going to be fixed,” the coach stated.

Another coach that clearly wishes to alienate his audience further from supporting his team.

The solution is to spray paint everyone red, that will end it then right?
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Team Owner
    Popovich is one of those "I want to impress the cool kids " so they'll all like me

He's a f@cking phony goblin

NBA is a sport I'll never watch again

Packers Moderator
    I was looking for a reason to care about the Spurs, but I didn't care enough to find one
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion