Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "That Other Thing" (From Mags blog)

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    the "too much money" thing is a common counter, but there's zero information that suggests he's looking for a lot, so it's interesting how prevalent that opinion is. There is a chief executive bragging about him not being on a roster, however.

I always wondered, somewhat separately, why people champion billionaire owners as humble shopkeepers while bemoaning a player at the top of his profession for agreeing to an amount of money. Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, for example. People will champion their muncipality being fleeced by a franchise for exorbitant stadium costs that won't be paid by the time it's obsolete (see St Louis), but think players are greedy. Jerry Richardson cried poor and flirted with LA, to get money from Charlotte, gets lauded for giving money to UNCC. I'm a 9er alumni, I don't think I have to say much of how I follow Carolina, and I don't live in Charlotte so I won't pay those taxes. And that's absolutely assinine for Richardson to do.
    Considering the % of people arrested is disproportionately black, it would make sense there is more physical interaction there.
    Doesn't make it better. Doesn't make it right. There's

I'm pretty sure the "too much money" thing came from an article on ESPN or NFL.com...can't remember which. I could be wrong on that. Definitely agree that owners are greedy. I don't bemoan players trying to get what they can and I'm not knocking CK for trying to get a higher salary, I just think it's the main reason he's out of a job (well, other than most teams already had their guys and were comfortable with them in their system...the # of teams that really could have pursued CK was probably 5-10, very unscientifically).

Also, found this particularly interesting (and know from experience that a higher % of Officers will take less discretionary action because of the reasons stated): http://www.dailywire.com/news/21744/...ign=benshapiro

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    If everyone acted the way they talked to you, there'd be no problem. But, here we are. Which is, people that believe heavily in cops, think there's no problem. And they also believe Kaepernick just happens to be out of a job because he's selfish, and no other real reason.