Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: OTP - Fuck Tom Brady!

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    Hmmmm You were right the first time it was JWilly if i had responded to you i would have
    replied to your post with comment. its hard to distinguish whether someone is upset through writing so please enlighten me were you somehow offended?
    Which part of the free speech debate didn't you care for. Are you the type of person if hey they don't agree then they're racist or do you like to engage in debate.
    Or are you just upset that i called the left Twats? And they earn that remark due to the only there speech is correct and have decided what speech is offensive and to be considered hate speech and that it shouldn't be protected. All offensive speech is protected the common word is OFFENSIVE. Not everything we hear will give us warm special feelings but you can speak it freely for all i care.
    most of all those groups down there were all scrotum bags. Then a disingenuous Governor lied and shoved all the aholes together and are then amazed as to what took place. JW thinks you should shout them down ok have at it but none of these groups look for any dialogue NONE of them which includes ANTIFA and BLM. So when confrontations occur violence occurs. problem solved right. Extremist don't want to debate thats why you give them no cameras and tv time you let the small numbers gather and walk away with there voices stunted by not having an audience. The only audience they needed was
    LEO watching and keeping the peace thats it. So i can see JW's point but i also have my view.
    So what were you looking for Urban name calling or do you think i will use that word you colorfully used in one of your post?
    Here is my point. This topic should be placed in the off topic section. Thatís it. Trump, politics and players protesting has nothing to do with the N.Y. Jets.

    In this section, we should be discussing tanking, Jamal Adams, future FQB and starting Hackenberg.

    Iím sorry if I was not clear.
    How does Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez stay in the league?

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by URBANJET View Post
    Here is my point. This topic should be placed in the off topic section. Thatís it. Trump, politics and players protesting has nothing to do with the N.Y. Jets.

    In this section, we should be discussing tanking, Jamal Adams, future FQB and starting Hackenberg.

    Iím sorry if I was not clear.
    I think you have a point UJ. Most people do not appreciate political posts in the regular forum, which is exactly why so many fans were upset on game day, if you think about it.

    We come to sports to get a REPRIEVE from the "real world".. and to find unity as fans for a common cause, as you keep reminding us. But the players seem to want to force us to confront their pet causes instead these days, and they may find out how the rest of us live real soon as their endorsements are stripped and their revenues decline..
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-27-2017 at 11:47 AM.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I think you have a point UJ. Most people do not appreciate political posts in the regular forum, which is exactly why so many fans were upset on game day, if you think about it.

    We come to sports to get a REPRIEVE from the "real world".. and to find unity as fans for a common cause, as you keep reminding us. But the players seem to want to force us to confront their pet causes instead these days, and they may find out how the rest of us live real soon as their endorsements are stripped and their revenues decline..
    The minute these NFL players decided to take their "cause" to the field of play en masse this topic became one for the regular board. POlitics usually stays on the OT board but these players have decided to bring it directly into the world of sports. I see no reason it should no be discussed here. This thread started because Brady pussied out and tossed away his core cnvictions so his teammates wouold not be angry with him. That is a perfectly reaosnable topic to discuss here. If UJ doesnt want to talk about it...he should ignore the posts. And if he wants to avoid it, he certainly should not be posting what he has been where he is usuing such inflmamatory, ridiculous statements and insinuating that anyone who doesnt fall in lock stepo wiht the left on this issue must be racist.

    The players brought this issue "into this board"...not anyone here.

  4. #54
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,806
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    The minute these NFL players decided to take their "cause" to the field of play en masse this topic became one for the regular board. POlitics usually stays on the OT board but these players have decided to bring it directly into the world of sports. I see no reason it should no be discussed here. This thread started because Brady pussied out and tossed away his core cnvictions so his teammates wouold not be angry with him. That is a perfectly reaosnable topic to discuss here. If UJ doesnt want to talk about it...he should ignore the posts. And if he wants to avoid it, he certainly should not be posting what he has been where he is usuing such inflmamatory, ridiculous statements and insinuating that anyone who doesnt fall in lock stepo wiht the left on this issue must be racist.

    The players brought this issue "into this board"...not anyone here.
    Exactly how I see it with 1 exception.

    To me it was Goodell who caused the current state of affairs by not taking decisive action after Krapernik's first kneel.

    Now he doesn't have an easy way out, he let it get out of hand & now it's biting the league on the ass!
    "On to 2017"

  5. #55
    I hear what both of you are saying, and I personally don't care either way. Just saying I understand those who don't like it in their faces, just like we don't like it on game day. But you are absolutely correct, we are witnessing the disintegration of professional sports in general if this keeps up and it is worthy of the main forum.

    BTW, if the players are so gung-ho about all this "oppression", why not quit their jobs and go fight it full time? Or how about a strike? LOL, we all know why...

    I blame the owners and their puppet Goodell. They didn't have the stones to put a stop to this last year (even though they had it on the books to do so) and instead chose to pick & choose their politicization. So now they can wallow in it for a while with no way out in sight. This WILL NOT end well without a complete 180 and we know that will not happen because they decided to make it about 'Us' vs. Trump. BIG MISTAKE!
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    I hear what both of you are saying, and I personally don't care either way. Just saying I understand those who don't like it in their faces, just like we don't like it on game day. But you are absolutely correct, we are witnessing the disintegration of professional sports in general if this keeps up and it is worthy of the main forum.

    BTW, if the players are so gung-ho about all this "oppression", why not quit their jobs and go fight it full time? Or how about a strike? LOL, we all know why...

    I blame the owners and their puppet Goodell. They didn't have the stones to put a stop to this last year (even though they had it on the books to do so) and instead chose to pick & choose their politicization. So now they can wallow in it for a while with no way out in sight. This WILL NOT end well without a complete 180 and we know that will not happen because they decided to make it about 'Us' vs. Trump. BIG MISTAKE!
    Thats the comedy here...these jackasses dont even know what they are protesting! Its not police brutality. If it were they would have taken a knee along wiht CK last year...and since CK apparently doesnt care about it anymore since when he needed a job told all the teams he'd stand for the NA, clearly thats not the big issue. Especially since the whole BLM movement was started based on a proven lie. Social injustice? OK, but thats not new either...where were all these players prior to this week? BL...its Trump. THAT is what they are prostesting. And half of them dont even know why other then thats what they are being told to do. Because, ya know, racism didnt exist before Trump. HE created it. And Obama had NO part in the racial divide this country is facing right now. (thats sarcasm btw).

    BL is this. 99% of the cops out there are dceent, non racist people who have one of the hardest jobs in the world. Most American citizens are not racist and do feel all should be treated equally. The number of white police shootings of unarmed blacks is infinitesimal. Is there racism in America? Yes, there is. Does the AA coomunity also need to take a hard look in the mirror before blaming "white privilege" and "racism" for all their issues like disproportionate imprisonment, economic opportunity, etc? Yup.

    But these idiots who make millions of dollars to play a game could not possibly care less about any of that. If they did , they have "bent the knee" long ago. But now they have their excuse...Trump. They are protesting Trump. And why? Because they are sheep who believe everythng the media and the left has been feeding them for the past year or so. So NOW they protest. And do so in the DUMBEST way I can think of by alienating a huge chunk of the people whose devotion to the sport pays their salaries. Which to me is BEYOND assinine.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Thats the comedy here...these jackasses dont even know what they are protesting! Its not police brutality. If it were they would have taken a knee along wiht CK last year...and since CK apparently doesnt care about it anymore since when he needed a job told all the teams he'd stand for the NA, clearly thats not the big issue. Especially since the whole BLM movement was started based on a proven lie. Social injustice? OK, but thats not new either...where were all these players prior to this week? BL...its Trump. THAT is what they are prostesting. And half of them dont even know why other then thats what they are being told to do. Because, ya know, racism didnt exist before Trump. HE created it. And Obama had NO part in the racial divide this country is facing right now. (thats sarcasm btw).

    BL is this. 99% of the cops out there are dceent, non racist people who have one of the hardest jobs in the world. Most American citizens are not racist and do feel all should be treated equally. The number of white police shootings of unarmed blacks is infinitesimal. Is there racism in America? Yes, there is. Does the AA coomunity also need to take a hard look in the mirror before blaming "white privilege" and "racism" for all their issues like disproportionate imprisonment, economic opportunity, etc? Yup.

    But these idiots who make millions of dollars to play a game could not possibly care less about any of that. If they did , they have "bent the knee" long ago. But now they have their excuse...Trump. They are protesting Trump. And why? Because they are sheep who believe everythng the media and the left has been feeding them for the past year or so. So NOW they protest. And do so in the DUMBEST way I can think of by alienating a huge chunk of the people whose devotion to the sport pays their salaries. Which to me is BEYOND assinine.
    Dang ... you do have a way with words MSG.

    I could not have said it better, nice summary!

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Thats the comedy here...these jackasses dont even know what they are protesting! Its not police brutality. If it were they would have taken a knee along wiht CK last year...and since CK apparently doesnt care about it anymore since when he needed a job told all the teams he'd stand for the NA, clearly thats not the big issue. Especially since the whole BLM movement was started based on a proven lie. Social injustice? OK, but thats not new either...where were all these players prior to this week? BL...its Trump. THAT is what they are prostesting. And half of them dont even know why other then thats what they are being told to do. Because, ya know, racism didnt exist before Trump. HE created it. And Obama had NO part in the racial divide this country is facing right now. (thats sarcasm btw).

    BL is this. 99% of the cops out there are dceent, non racist people who have one of the hardest jobs in the world. Most American citizens are not racist and do feel all should be treated equally. The number of white police shootings of unarmed blacks is infinitesimal. Is there racism in America? Yes, there is. Does the AA coomunity also need to take a hard look in the mirror before blaming "white privilege" and "racism" for all their issues like disproportionate imprisonment, economic opportunity, etc? Yup.

    But these idiots who make millions of dollars to play a game could not possibly care less about any of that. If they did , they have "bent the knee" long ago. But now they have their excuse...Trump. They are protesting Trump. And why? Because they are sheep who believe everythng the media and the left has been feeding them for the past year or so. So NOW they protest. And do so in the DUMBEST way I can think of by alienating a huge chunk of the people whose devotion to the sport pays their salaries. Which to me is BEYOND assinine.
    i 2nd that....said perfectly........

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by URBANJET View Post
    Here is my point. This topic should be placed in the off topic section. Thatís it. Trump, politics and players protesting has nothing to do with the N.Y. Jets.

    In this section, we should be discussing tanking, Jamal Adams, future FQB and starting Hackenberg.

    Iím sorry if I was not clear.
    i agree with you that this should be in the OT section and yeah this team should tank and holy crap starting hack. been saying that for a while why have a 15 yr backup start. just go young everywhere

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO