Thread: Ziggy

Head Coach Material

Ziggy

First a little taste of what to expect from the Lions offense,...then ZIGGY.

-Lions lead NFL with 38.4 percent of their plays run without a huddle, per @PFF. Stafford is 25-of-32 for 165 yds & 3 TDs out of no-huddle.
    9:59 AM - Sep 22, 2017

Now Ziggy,...Ziggy Ansah has 35 sacks throughout his five years in the league and is coming off a 3 sack performance in New Jersey. Ansah is 6'5" and 275 lbs. but it be his arm length that stands out. According to his NFL Combine measurements Ansah’s arm length is over 35 inches. Vic Beasley’s arm length was 32.5 inches. This guy plays the majority of snaps on the right DE spot but does play on the left too which is scary cause the Falcons starting right tackle is out concussed. But if the Lions keep to script it'll be up to Jake Matthews to protect Matty's blind side most of the time.

The Lions defense has played very well to start the season and this game makes me a little,...ummmm well. Even the great Jeff Schultz at the AJC wrote,...Falcons at Lions: The last time the Falcons played Detroit, it was in London, they blew a 21-0 lead and Mike Smith coached himself out of a job with a series of bizarre time-management decisions. I’m getting the strangest sense of deja vu. Birds stay unbeaten, cover 3.-Jeff Schultz Although Jeff says the Falcons cover the 3 pt spread, I dunno. Both the Lions and Falcons offenses can come back in a game easily.

Ansah isn't the only standout for the Lions. Their secondary is solid too.

Both teams are 2-0 and FOX assigns the bottom crew to call the game which means only Lions and Falcons fans will see the game unless online feeds. Not complaining cause these things are set before the season starts. But it's a shame a Super Bowl team would be,...perfectly not marketed by the NFL and FOX. fine we're used to it.

There's the Ansah the Jets have been looking for ever since they picked up J/T. Since you asked bout the game let's see... well I don't know too much about the Jets. They really don't have anything going for them aside from a strong game they call the Ground & Pound. That won't set well with another Matt, Matt Burke the Fins new D/Coordinator.

Last year, the run D was the Fins weak spot. Our LB crew had been suspect. In the first game this season the Chargers really couldn't move on the ground, even though all of the Fins proposed offseason upgrades haven't panned out at the LB position. Start off with L/T who is Lawrence Timmons brought in from Pittsburgh who apparently has something like C.T.E. which can affect the behavior of veteran players especially LB's. Remember Junior Seau?

Next think you know, our L/T is oaf fish ally missing, not even showing up for the last game. Instead he was found buying a ticket going back in the other direction to Pittsburgh. Coach Gase officially suspended him for five games, and meanwhile they have this rookie undrafted free agent starting in his place.

Chargers lit up our secondary, though the passing attack of the Jets probably isn't that exploitative. If the Jets will move consistent on the ground they can control the game and force J/C to launch his I.C.B.M.'s. The Dolphins have W.M.D. at all starting receiver positions. Look out for our new T.E....

Jet's - Fins aren't getting top billing at game time 1PM Sunday: it's Lions - Falcons. Sure hope I can watch it in my area.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Jet's - Fins aren't getting top billing at game time 1PM Sunday: it's Lions - Falcons. Sure hope I can watch it in my area.
    The AFC usually has CBS,...NFC FOX,...so