Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain's legacy

John McCain's legacy

The man who saved a massive piece of legislation (twice!) in which he vowed to fight for repeal.

Schumer praises McCain for ObamaCare repeal opposition
    Last edited by Talon_60; 10-01-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Assistant Coach
    What a pair Schumer and McCain!

Interesting ... appealing to one's conscience to destroy quality health care forever and feed the Leviathan.

McCain Is a 'No' on Graham-Cassidy: 'I Cannot in Good Conscience...'

BY WILLIAM STEAKIN
    3 HOURS AGO

Win McNamee /Getty Images

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) announced in a statement on Friday that he “cannot in good conscience” vote yes on the latest Republican effort to repeal Obamacare, possibly landing another death blow to the party's health care bill.

“I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal. I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried,” he said in the statement. The Arizona senator also expressed concern over supporting the bill before seeing a full score from the Congressional Budget Office.

View image on Twitter

Follow

IJR
    @TheIJR

UH OH: McCain says he can't "in good conscience" vote for Graham-Cassidy.
    1:58 PM - Sep 22, 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

“I take no pleasure in announcing my opposition,” McCain said while adding that he considers the names on the bill, both Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.), “dear friends.”

“I hope the in the months ahead, we can join with colleagues on both sides of the aisle to arrive at a compromise solution that is acceptable to most of us, and serves the interests of Americans as best we can,” he added.

McCain now joins Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) as the party's other hard “no” vote on the bill. Senators Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) are likely no votes.

Team Owner
    I thought this swamp creature had "brain cancer"???

Why is this mentally ill compromised hack allowed to vote on anything?

Should have sent him to an Obama care doc for that brain surgery... oh that's right they don't contribute.

Graham said this morning he had the votes "and a couple of democrats". ( manchin & heitkemp ? )
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    I thought this swamp creature had "brain cancer"???

Why is this mentally ill compromised hack allowed to vote on anything?
    Brain Cancer. He needs a brain to have cancer!

Mclame is a democratic period, color him blue and remove his number from party count

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Mclame is a democratic period, color him blue and remove his number from party count
    Correction: He's a "progressive".

Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    Correction: He's a "progressive".
    If this bill passes without him , I'm laughing my ass off at him.. he becomes irrelevant .. the thing he absolutely HATES the most, egotistical idiot senile FAKE fart.. gfy