Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have the players figured out yet that Kaepernick

Have the players figured out yet that Kaepernick

And the rest of the protestors are killing the league and their financial futures?
    Didn't they look in the stands and see who was sitting there?
    Didn't they know we had choices and could do something else on Sunday's if we no longer enjoyed watching them due to their need to ruin our enjoyment of the game with their politics.
    Are they really that out of touch?
    I've turned off the NFL, not for good but I'm enjoying college ball, the Yankees and watching series on Netflicks and other places Instead.
    F-k them, very stupid people, they thought they were important.

Team Owner
    Once these dummies get the memo that their salaries aren't going to go up & may actually go down then they'll stop throwing up their fists

These dopes are brainwashed by the media and talking heads on tv, they can't think for themselves.

Want to see something utterly disgusting?

An entire team of eight year olds decided to sit for the anthem.

This is a cancer and reflection of the rampant idiocy all around us.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/20/1...youth-football

And it gets even worse guys, wait until you read this:

Group of players asks NFL to support activism awareness*month

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 21, 2017

The NFL will wrap itself in pink for breast cancer, and put on faux-camo to celebrate the military.

Now, a group of players have asked commissioner Roger Goodell to spend a month talking about black and white.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, a group of four current and former players sent the league a memo in August asking for the NFL’s help campaigning for racial equality and criminal justice reform. The letter was signed by*Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins, retired wide receiver Anquan Boldin and Eagles wideout Torrey Smith.

The 10-page letter to Goodell and executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent also asked the league to endorse efforts to promote an activism awareness month.

Neither the league, nor the players who signed the memo commented,*citing an agreement to keep direct communications with Goodell private.

The memo requested the league to invest time and education,*political involvement, finances and other commitments from the league. They also asked the league to endorse November as the time to celebrate their cause.

The league is all too happy to promote safer topics (as in, who can possibly be against cancer or the military?) , and will also be delighted to sell you some merchandise to show how much they care.

“To be clear, we are asking for your support,” part of the memo (which can be read in full here) reads. “We appreciate your acknowledgement on the call regarding the clear distinction between support and permission. For us, support means: bear all or part of the weight of; hold up; give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act. We need support, collaboration and partnerships to achieve our goal of strengthening the community. There are a variety of ways for you to get involved. Similar to the model we have in place for players to get involved, there are three tiers of engagement based on your comfort level. To start, we appreciate your agreement on making this an immediate priority. In your words, from Protest to Progress, we need action.”

The players who signed the letter have been among the most outspoken and thoughtful — and active — regarding issues of inequality.
    "On to 2017"

Hah, I just posted the same thing.

Can you say TONE DEAF?

Let these jerks flip burgers for a living.

Assistant Coach
    Well I am not going to watch any football this year!

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Well I am not going to watch any football this year!
    I'm not far behind. I only get two games and SNF now that I've ditched the Ticket. How does the NFL expect to keep people with so little content? Not all of us are Fantasy heads looking to watch Red Zone Channel. I just want a choice of a couple good games for each slot each week. Not too much to ask, one would think.

They are slowly killing their brand.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-22-2017 at 11:17 AM.

This one hasn't.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/...ds&utm_term=DW

Buffalo Bills kicker Stephen Hauschka is breaking his silence on the NFL’s racially charged national anthem protests, saying more “white people” need to see the racial inequality in America.

“I think a lot of white people don’t understand it and are afraid to be involved,” Hauschka told the Buffalo News. “And I think it’s important for white people to see there is inequality everywhere in the country right now, and in the world.”

Looks like the league and several NFL owners don't get it either.