Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets plan to use 3-man running back committee

Jets plan to use 3-man running back committee

Jets plan to use 3-man running back committee

Jets OC John Morton said the team plans to use a three-man running back committee going forward.

Rather than separating himself from the pack, Bilal Powell was out-touched by both Matt Forte and rookie Elijah McGuire while seeing just 18 snaps in last week's loss to Oakland. Mired in a three-man timeshare in one of the league's worst offenses, Powell is looking like a wasted fantasy pick.

Source: Mehta World Sleaze on Twitter
    "On to 2017"

Powell should be starting.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    Powell should be starting.
    Yep. JAG, average, nothing special Powell.

Whatever his label is, he's still the best of the 3 and should get the bulk of the touches until he proves he shouldn't.

McCown is JAG too, he's starting.

What is with this franchise (all Jet regimes, it doesn't matter which) and NOT feeding the best RB on the roster???? I don't get it. How many seasons have we had a better #2 RB than the #1 RB but we don't ride the better player???? None of them were Walter Payton, but that's not the point, best on the roster is still "best". It's weird with these Jets and vet RBs.

My post was sarcastic. I have been calling for him to start for YEARS and have been told he's JAG at best.

I thought he finally broke through last year, but the Toilet had other plans..

yup, gotcha, I remember now.

Team Owner
    Powell is a good change of pace back, can he be a bell cow back, probably not, he'd wear down and be less useful.

Mac passed on some elite RB's in this draft that would have solved this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Powell is a good change of pace back, can he be a bell cow back, probably not, he'd wear down and be less useful.

Mac passed on some elite RB's in this draft that would have solved this issue.
    Maybe so, but he's fresh if nothing else, due to lack of use! LOL

rb is not an issue...in fact i would rather see more of forte this year...wear him out and he will be gone at the end of the year....powell still has some major tread on the tires and mcguire seems to get around the end better then both of them..... with 9 piclks in this years draft we can scoop another one in the draft.watching seattle close this year. if their ol implodes some more that 2nd rounder might be much better then anyone expected....rb is the easiest position to play from college as long as you can block a little....

he doesn't need to be a "bell cow" back to get the most touches in a 3-man rotation. Keep it a 3-way, just use him the most, instead of the least. See what happens.