Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you like Darnold and Chubb?

Quote Originally Posted by GWjett View Post
    I believe Eneuwa, Kearse, and Kerley are all UFAs next year. That position is going to have to have to be given lot of attention.

As as for the OL we have to upgrade it on way or another. I'm all for drafting the top center or guard prospect in the second if there's no LT who deserves the pick. We have to protect our new franchise QB at all costs
    Per OTC.com:

- Kearse is signed for next year for $5 mil. No dead money if traded or cut.

- Q is a RFA so he's going nowhere unless the Jets want him to.
    "On to 2017"

Team Owner
    Would have been nice if this idiot franchise had drafted Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt, then added Darnold or Rosen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with FA if done right. last year MAC kind of had an unwritten rule,only 28 and under.....no reason to sign 30+ players. trumaine johnson, mo claiborne, .ashlon jefferies,ziggy answah , weston richburg all fit that criteria and would improve our wr,db, ol and a pass rush.....hopefully this is MACS plan....young players only
    Yes, agreed. but what is "done right"? Going on a 90 mil spending spree to try and fix all the problems in all the units is NOT right and never works. You land up wiht an all star team of mercenaries. What he did in 2015 was ore along the lines of how to work FA. By getting Revis and Cro back (who had played together prior) and adding Skrine and GIlchrist, he was trying to totally rebuild one unit. UNfortunately, the players he chose were either past their prime or just suck. If I am Mac I am looking to rebuild the OL in FA with one or two guys and find a starting CB...thats it. Dont blow the wad trying to rebuild the whole team wiht the cap space...it wopnt work and never has.

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    A stud back would help the progress of a young QB, we haven't drafted a RB high since when? I can't even remember, every year we say the same thing, every year we're rebuilding and where's my stud back? Peyton had Faulk and then James, we need one of those. We could've had a stud with Dalvin Cook and passed. Yes there are many backs and I loke McGuire and think he can be part of a vood backfield, but I want that stud 1400 yard a year back, it makes it so much easier.
    Yeah yeah...you say that eveyr time we discuss this. This isnt 1998 when a stud RB mattered. The best RBs in football right now are not first roiund picks. Some are even mid to late rounf pcks. You wanted TRich, you wanted Fournette...these guys would have made ZERO differecne for us or any other QB wihtout an OL. And the last 1400 yard RB we had we gave up a 5th rounder for in Thomas Jones. You dont need to use premium picks on a stud RB anyomre. There is a reason so few fo in rd 1 now. Plus, you can use serviceable backs while the team builds and then add the stud as the final piece. RBs now are a dime a dozen in a league where QBs throw 40+ times a game regualrly. And for a team in full rebuild, all you are doing is wasting a year off the rookie deal because chances are you arent signing said RB to a second contract anyway.

Mac will have a very busy FA period next year.

Here is a list of our own UFA's who will need to be resigned or replaced:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

A couple of them could be a little expensive if they have big seasons & stay healthy ( Claiborne & Seferian-Jenkins). But outside of that anyone who Mac wants to resign shouldn't be very expensive.
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Mac will have a very busy FA period next year.

Here is a list of our own UFA's who will need to be resigned or replaced:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-york-jets/

A couple of them could be a little expensive if they have big seasons & stay healthy ( Claiborne & Seferian-Jenkins). But outside of that anyone who Mac wants to resign shouldn't be very expensive.
    IM looking at that list and aside from MAYBE ASJ and Ealy and perhaps Cantizarro (brilliant to keep the PK who is about to become a UFA over the one you could controil for 4 years but whatever) there is not a guy on there I am gong out of my way to keep. And even ASJ and Ealy have a LOT to prove to me before I spend 2nd contract money on them. The rest can ALL walk.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Good to know.. I thought they were both unrestricted

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Yes, agreed. but what is "done right"? Going on a 90 mil spending spree to try and fix all the problems in all the units is NOT right and never works. You land up wiht an all star team of mercenaries. What he did in 2015 was ore along the lines of how to work FA. By getting Revis and Cro back (who had played together prior) and adding Skrine and GIlchrist, he was trying to totally rebuild one unit. UNfortunately, the players he chose were either past their prime or just suck. If I am Mac I am looking to rebuild the OL in FA with one or two guys and find a starting CB...thats it. Dont blow the wad trying to rebuild the whole team wiht the cap space...it wopnt work and never has.
    if their are ol to be had in free agency....i could be wrong but not sure any legit left tackles are in FA...trumaine johnson is young and a legit top of the line corner. ashlon jefferies is young and a top of the line wr.ziggy answha is young and a top of the line outside pass rush threat. richburg was a 2nd round center. i would start there all positions we need help and all still young.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    if their are ol to be had in free agency....i could be wrong but not sure any legit left tackles are in FA...trumaine johnson is young and a legit top of the line corner. ashlon jefferies is young and a top of the line wr.ziggy answha is young and a top of the line outside pass rush threat. richburg was a 2nd round center. i would start there all positions we need help and all still young.
    In theory its hard to disaree wiht that line of thinking. However, every time a team tries to rebuild like that through FA it never works. Because if any of those guys bust you are on the hook wiht their bloated salary for years whereeas if you build thtrough the draft (and compliment with smart, stretegic FA signings) if the draft pick busts you can get rid of them wioht little to no financial impact. he should spend but smartly...not a crazy shopping spree to try and save his job in one year.

We could've had this guy:https://www.google.com/search?ei=9LH...uQCeQgVeg_1:10

But instead went for another SS...look at the impact Cook is making already and this is only his second game.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!