Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you like Darnold and Chubb?

How would you like Darnold and Chubb?

That would be a wet dream for me. Chubb reminds me of a mix between Jones Drew and Frank Gore, he can catch too. We could go OT but the way it's looking this draft is not very loaded at LT and I actually think we got a steal with Shell at RT. Maybe LT can be upgraded with FA, but to be honest Beachum is not too bad either, he might hold the fort one year while we find the right fit long term. But with Darnold and Chubb the Jets could actually scare some people provided they went and got a real number one receiver to pair with Kearse and Enunwa... Not bad!

With free agency I would try to bring in a top corner and a pass rushing OLB, our guys right now are stuck in cement it seems.
    Last edited by slikmojet; 09-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

For me it's way too early to look at anything but QB.

And you gave one of the reasons for that when you said that Beachum "is not too bad". Kelvin is still young enough to give us at least 3 or so years if he stays healthy & is playing fairly well IMO.

At RB Elijah McGuire is looking pretty decent so far & if he keeps it up could be a part of the answer at RB along with Bilal.

There is a lot to watch as the season progresses & we get to see who progresses & who doesn't. Darron Lee for example. Is he a complete bust, is the problem the Toilet or a combination of those ingredients?

Or is the re-born Seferian-Jenkins a long term answer at TE?

So many questions & another 14 games to look at who answers the bell & who doesn't!
    "On to 2017"

we will be at 65 million under the cap going into next year.with forte,3 skrine 6,ijalana 5 and mo 11 we could be 90 under with a few cuts....we can bring in quite a few FA....thats where we should start looking at if we are going to start our off season plan early....a quick glance at the fa, shows ziggy answah, maybe switch to the 43, trumaine johnson, ashlon jefferies, weston richburg for starters....

I'll take Darnoldt plus ANYBODY!!!!

Step 1 makes or breaks the next.... FOREVER!!!!

First off, as we have seen time and time again in the NFL and with the Jets (see 1996) you CANNOT rebuild a team through FA. It just doesnt work. And if Mac tries to "expedite" the process by going on a drunken spending spree this off season, it will not only not work in the long run but it will also likely cost him his job shortly thereafter. Yes, we do have to spend to a minimum whihc we will do...but do it right and do it smartly. Go after a key position or two that is hard to draft....a vet #1 CB, a stud OLman, etc. Rebuild a unit like the OL as we did after 2007 when we signed Faneca and Woody to go with Brick and Mangold. But if they start going crazy trying to rebuild by signing a bunch of mercenary, high priced FAs to fix every unit it will be 1996 all over again.

Second, this upcoming draft is about one thing and one thing only...finding a QB to build around. Whether we have the #1,2, 3 or 7 pick, we have to come out of this draft with a FQB prospect.

Third, the rest of this years draft (and probably next years also) should be about build infrastructure and IMO it does NOT include taking a RB that high. Just like all the posters here who were screaming about wanting Fournette this past draft. Had we drafted Fournette this year as some wanted all it woudl do was eat up one year of his rookie deal and add 300+ carries to his wear and tear. it makes ZERO sense to invest a premium pick on a RB for where this team is right now. I have a hard time believing that there will be no equal value OLmen or edge rushers or CBs or even WRs at the top of rd 2 and I will take ANY of those over a RB. RB is the LAST piece of the puzzle. No, our #1 RB is likely not on the roster yet but RBs can be found in ANY round (see Hunt on KC this year).

Get the QB and if a solid LT is not available (IMO Beachum is nothing more then a stop gap) then spend that high #2 on a stud C, or a high end OG to replace the very "JAG" Winters. Or (FINALLY) grab a true edge rushing prospect. But a RB? Now? When we are 2 to 3 years away minimum from getitng back to real contention (not being a "playoff contender" as this organmziation andf fan base seems to be content with...but a REAL contender)??? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    First off, as we have seen time and time again in the NFL and with the Jets (see 1996) you CANNOT rebuild a team through FA. It just doesnt work. And if Mac tries to "expedite" the process by going on a drunken spending spree this off season, it will not only not work in the long run but it will also likely cost him his job shortly thereafter. Yes, we do have to spend to a minimum whihc we will do...but do it right and do it smartly. Go after a key position or two that is hard to draft....a vet #1 CB, a stud OLman, etc. Rebuild a unit like the OL as we did after 2007 when we signed Faneca and Woody to go with Brick and Mangold. But if they start going crazy trying to rebuild by signing a bunch of mercenary, high priced FAs to fix every unit it will be 1996 all over again.

Second, this upcoming draft is about one thing and one thing only...finding a QB to build around. Whether we have the #1,2, 3 or 7 pick, we have to come out of this draft with a FQB prospect.

Third, the rest of this years draft (and probably next years also) should be about build infrastructure and IMO it does NOT include taking a RB that high. Just like all the posters here who were screaming about wanting Fournette this past draft. Had we drafted Fournette this year as some wanted all it woudl do was eat up one year of his rookie deal and add 300+ carries to his wear and tear. it makes ZERO sense to invest a premium pick on a RB for where this team is right now. I have a hard time believing that there will be no equal value OLmen or edge rushers or CBs or even WRs at the top of rd 2 and I will take ANY of those over a RB. RB is the LAST piece of the puzzle. No, our #1 RB is likely not on the roster yet but RBs can be found in ANY round (see Hunt on KC this year).

Get the QB and if a solid LT is not available (IMO Beachum is nothing more then a stop gap) then spend that high #2 on a stud C, or a high end OG to replace the very "JAG" Winters. Or (FINALLY) grab a true edge rushing prospect. But a RB? Now? When we are 2 to 3 years away minimum from getitng back to real contention (not being a "playoff contender" as this organmziation andf fan base seems to be content with...but a REAL contender)??? No thank you.
    there is nothing wrong with FA if done right. last year MAC kind of had an unwritten rule,only 28 and under.....no reason to sign 30+ players. trumaine johnson, mo claiborne, .ashlon jefferies,ziggy answah , weston richburg all fit that criteria and would improve our wr,db, ol and a pass rush.....hopefully this is MACS plan....young players only

A stud back would help the progress of a young QB, we haven't drafted a RB high since when? I can't even remember, every year we say the same thing, every year we're rebuilding and where's my stud back? Peyton had Faulk and then James, we need one of those. We could've had a stud with Dalvin Cook and passed. Yes there are many backs and I loke McGuire and think he can be part of a vood backfield, but I want that stud 1400 yard a year back, it makes it so much easier.

We'll hVe 90 mill so there will be signings.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    I believe Eneuwa, Kearse, and Kerley are all UFAs next year. That position is going to have to have to be given lot of attention.

As as for the OL we have to upgrade it on way or another. I'm all for drafting the top center or guard prospect in the second if there's no LT who deserves the pick. We have to protect our new franchise QB at all costs