Thread: Against the Raiders, the Jets had no sacks, no QB hits and only three QB presures

Against the Raiders, the Jets had no sacks, no QB hits and only three QB presures

Against the Raiders, the Jets had no sacks, no quarterback hits and only three QB pressures, per ESPN Stats & Info. They blitzed on only eight of Derek Carr's 28 dropbacks. Why didn't they blitz more often? Why couldn't they generate any pressure? The reason is because Carr got rid of the ball in 1.94 seconds on average, the quickest time in the league in Week 2.

per Cimini
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Against the Raiders, the Jets had no sacks, no quarterback hits and only three QB pressures, per ESPN Stats & Info. They blitzed on only eight of Derek Carr's 28 dropbacks. Why didn't they blitz more often? Why couldn't they generate any pressure? The reason is because Carr got rid of the ball in 1.94 seconds on average, the quickest time in the league in Week 2.

per Cimini
    Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnnnn. That's almost General Ryan Fitzpatrick caliber. Wow. I would never have thought that David Carr's brother could "get the ball out" as fast as long time NFL veteran and leader Ryan Shitzhispantstrick.

I thought Bowles knew how to bring pressure, apparently not...

Team Owner
    LOL. I'm seeing the PFF grades being handed out and Mo was listed as one of the best. That should rankle some feathers.

So if you hate Mo, and love PFF rankings....well I guess you gotta choose what you want to believe.

But for the record....PFF is total bullshit.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

It must be extra hard to get sacks when the team is trailing all the time, the opposing O has the entire playbook at their disposal, can roll out the tanks to bleed the clock.

Yeah it's a excuse it's also true.

This a flawed team we knew that going in how many expected any players to have a monster statistical season? Leonard Williams is at 0 sacks too he sucks now too?

It looked like Mo was rallying the troops when it looked like the Jets had Oakland on the ropes at the end of the first half.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 09-20-2017 at 09:57 PM.