Thread: Matty Ice vs Matthew Stafford

Head Coach Material

Matty Ice vs Matthew Stafford

Stafford was drafted the year after Matty, 2009. Here be they career numbers as of today.

Stafford 111 games, 4,347 pass attempts, 2,678 completions. Completion percentage 61.6%, 30,717 yds., 193 TDs passing. 109 INTs with a career with a rating of 87.2. Sacked 246 times.

Ryan 144 games played, 5,122 pass attempts, 3,328 completions. Completion ratio @ 65%, 38,274 yds., 242 passing TDs. 114 INTs in his career with a rating of 93.8, sacked 260 times.

Stafford missed more play time than has Ryan. Matty has missed only 2 games in 9 years. So although Ryan has so much more passing yards and TDs that has to be taken into account and is cause of that, some 7,500 yds. and 47 more TDs difference. But Ryan's completion ratio is far ahead of Matthew's as well as the higher rating. And considering Matty played in 33 more games than Matthew, it's clear Matty's INTs are far less than Matthews,...per season. Adding it appears Stafford has been sacked waaaay more frequent than Matty in his 8 year career.

About Matty Ice,...people have NO IDEA how awful the Falcons O-line has been for many years during his career. For at least half his career, the boy has learned in order to even complete a pass he had to get ball out SUPER quick and he still would pass for over 4,000 yds. The O-line was just awful, especially between 2013 and 2015 and the boy STILL passes for over 4,000 yds? And the media refuses to acknowledge this? Ignorant bastards,...most likely biased bastards.

We down here knew Stafford was gonna be a great NFL QB when he was a Bulldawg. Intelligent, superior arm strength, able to be mobile if needed, a true easy choice by the Lions. And on MNF last night we saw Stafford make some neat throws,...side armed it twice,...very difficult to defend, I promise. Now the Giants don't appear to be,...ummm, I dunno, great on defense. They *gave* Stafford time rushing only 3 D-linemen(zone cover), many times last night and although Staff's numbers weren't so great he was efficient and completed the passes necessary to score points, excellent football.

I'll never forget this idiot in the media back in 2009,...hahaha I swear the fool actually said Stafford can't be a good NFL QB because,..."his head is too big." Amazing, cause aallllll that is, is bias cause he played in Athens, GA.

BTW,...Matty and Stafford had a nice vacation after last season down thar in Mehico. They are good friends. And hey, no doubt Stafford can light the asses of any NFL secondary up,...when he has time. So when Q goes to his deep zone cover, and his stubborn ass will, ya'll can expect to see Stafford chuck and duck it down the field,...warning Dan Quinn. Beasley is gone for a long time and the only WAY to create a solid pass rush will be by bringing 5 and 6 pass rushers,...<sigh> yeah this game already worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Stafford was drafted the year after Matty, 2009. Here be they career numbers as of today.

Stafford 111 games, 4,347 pass attempts, 2,678 completions. Completion percentage 61.6%, 30,717 yds., 193 TDs passing. 109 INTs with a career with a rating of 87.2. Sacked 246 times.

Ryan 144 games played, 5,122 pass attempts, 3,328 completions. Completion ratio @ 65%, 38,274 yds., 242 passing TDs. 114 INTs in his career with a rating of 93.8, sacked 260 times.

Stafford missed more play time than has Ryan. Matty has missed only 2 games in 9 years. So although Ryan has so much more passing yards and TDs that has to be taken into account and is cause of that, some 7,500 yds. and 47 more TDs difference. But Ryan's completion ratio is far ahead of Matthew's as well as the higher rating. And considering Matty played in 33 more games than Matthew, it's clear Matty's INTs are far less than Matthews,...per season. Adding it appears Stafford has been sacked waaaay more frequent than Matty in his 8 year career.

About Matty Ice,...people have NO IDEA how awful the Falcons O-line has been for many years during his career. For at least half his career, the boy has learned in order to even complete a pass he had to get ball out SUPER quick and he still would pass for over 4,000 yds. The O-line was just awful, especially between 2013 and 2015 and the boy STILL passes for over 4,000 yds? And the media refuses to acknowledge this? Ignorant bastards,...most likely biased bastards.

We down here knew Stafford was gonna be a great NFL QB when he was a Bull dawg... Yeah this game already worries me.

From your analysis, Matt Ryan by rights should get the big bucks and not Staff. All the Matt's are interesting QB stories including Matt Moore. I should be grateful for Cutler, he looked pretty fine in the first (second of the season) game but ... I will do a comparison of him with J/C.

Detroit used to have the worst by far O/L back when Joey Harrington started.