Thread: Movin' right along

Head Coach Material

Movin' right along

Okay, let's get this over with. Why is it we hear soooooo danged much 'bout an opposing team's injuries but when the Falcons are injured it's never brought up? It's not just last night or last year's NFCCG, it's been a goin' on for years. It makes it sound like the Falcons are lucky not a great team. Funny, it's so danged difficult for people to give the Falcons any credit it's absurd.

In his post game press conference Aaron Rodgers complained 'bout the pick play and his fumble. I agree, the pick play call was awful but I remind everyone these referees watch game film just like NFL players and coaches. They literally look for infractions say, from the previous week's game. Apparently, and this is a staple of the WCO, but it looked like the refs were *looking* for a pick play in which the Packers got away with against the Seahawks, just sayin' Aaron. Ya live by the sword. And on the other side of the coin the refs GAVE the Packers a 1st down on a 3rd and long incompletion thrown away from the alledged foul, a ticky tack BS call for D-holding,...5 yds 1st down and an eventual TD drive. So shuttup.

And as for the fumble resulting in a Falcons TD,...pfffft, Rodgers tossed that ball NOT FORWARD period. By rule that is a fumble, so shuttup.

Oh yeah, Rodgers said he thought the hit from Beasley was hahahaha helmet to helmet? Dang man, own up and stop this whining. Sounds like Cam Newton.

Lots of Falcons fans are bitching this morning 'bout the constant references to 28-3 in SB51,...get over it.hahaha better yet,...ya'll best get used to it. These assholes in the Nawtheast will forever harp 'bout it.

If anyone didn't notice last night's game was brutally physical. The Packers and Falcons lost starters for some time.

I haven't checked Packers boards and not sure I want to. May be best to just look ahead for the trip to Detroit next week.

As per normal Matty was fantastic, Julio, Freeman, Coleman, O-line were looking good against a good defense. Defense,...<sigh> okay, in the 1st half Q was in a *press* defensive mode,...man to man cover with LBs actually BLITZING? I was like HAIL YEAH. Then in the 2nd half with a lead he goes to that damned prevent defense and guess what? Here came the Packers scoring points. Drives me nuts. But, Q went back to press D in the 4th qtr thank goodness, which resulted in failed drives for the Packers and allowed the Falcons to finish the kill.

Well, the Packers play the Bengals next week and the Falcons fly to Detroit. The Lions play tonight in New Jersey so there's a nice opportunity to scout them. Moving right along,...

Packers Moderator
    Congrats pen, Your team won no matter what the circumstances. Admittedly I would like to have seen the 2 teams at full strength and completely fed up with seeing this team be one of the league leaders in games missed by starters and listening to stories about how good our training staff is. 2 quads and 2 hammy's, that is inexcusable. I expect contact injuries but not strength and conditioning injuries, not every year. Strength and conditioning is part of the makeup of a team and as such you beat a fair representation of what the Packers are.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by packfan1 View Post
    Congrats pen, Your team won no matter what the circumstances. Admittedly I would like to have seen the 2 teams at full strength and completely fed up with seeing this team be one of the league leaders in games missed by starters and listening to stories about how good our training staff is. 2 quads and 2 hammy's, that is inexcusable. I expect contact injuries but not strength and conditioning injuries, not every year. Strength and conditioning is part of the makeup of a team and as such you beat a fair representation of what the Packers are.
    Thank you sir. As I said last week a loss to either team doesn't mean they won't make the playoffs,...the Packers are that good a team.

Yeah man,...interesting about the injuries. Some say it's just bad luck, but some suggest a lack of conditioning as you do, fascinating. hmmmm, when Mike Smith was the head honcho in Atlanta his training camps were called "Club Med." And guess what? Seemed like the Falcons were always decimated with injuries. And if your team is not deep that hurts. Good luck to the Packers the rest of the way!