Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Letting Tannenbaum and Rex go was a mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by slikmojet View Post
    So you like Bowles better??? Letting Rex go for Bowles, how has that worked out? Now we habe to fire Bowles and start again. Sometimes what you got is the best there is because there is nothing good out there. In retrospect Quinn was the guy, but we fired Rex and got Bowles instead.
    When did I say I liked Bowles better? but you sound like the Hermy Lovers who would tell me "who are we going to get better then him" as a reason to keep his fraud ass. What we had with Rex was not good enough and you dont just keep that because your too scared to try someone new. Rex was on a consistent decline since 2010 even before Idzik set him up to fail (thanks to Tanny who you also advocated keeping). It was time for him to go and he went to BUf and stunk there too. Yup, Bowles sucks balls and maybe Rex was better. Actually I know Rex is better then Bowles. But again if "being better then Bowles" is the criteria then its no wonjder this team has been stuck between mediocrity and crap for 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Philadelphia and qb guru Chip Kelly couldn't develop him
    Jason Garrett couldn't develop him
    John Fox can't develop him

At some point you just need to understand that the dude just isn't very good, Rex is the only one who got any blood at all from that stone.

Rex did as well as a coach could have done with the talentless rosters and atrocious qb's he had after 2010, he was run out of town by a pitchfork media & fan base who got Woody to buy into the circus narrative. Nothing has been more of a circus than Bowles's locker rooms.

It's a mistake when you replace him with a coach who makes Herm Edwards look like Lombardi.

Burn this thing to the ground and start over, they need a GM who can identify a qb (I don't trust macaganan to make that pick next year) they need a gm who won't pass up on Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt when your offense is devoid of any playmakers and they need a coach like Gruden or Harbaugh not the next "hot coordinator"
    Again I am not blaming Rex for Sanchez nor do I think Sanchez is the reason to fire Rex. There were plenty of other reasons that went beyond the QB play and I have already stated them. I wasnt advocating for Rex to get fired after 2014 but I had no issue with him being fired. And Bowles looks to be a TERRIBLE choice. But Bowles failures are not the criteria for an arguemtn to have kept Rex. It just means tye picked the wrong guy to replace him.

That said, I am wiht you with the burn it to the ground theory. Hack has now officially scared the hell out of me that Mac will pick the wrong QB if we dont get the #1 overall and make it idiot proof for him. And yes, I wish they would FINALLY fire a GM and HC who has actually BEEN an NFL GM and HC before instead of time after time hiring newbies and trying toi find the next big thing.

I dont want Gruden either but Dick Vermeil stepped out of the broadcast booth after a lengthy time off and did just fine.

Sean Payton is looking right up the Jets ally. Eventually Woody is going to have to stop going the unproven coordinator route and if one of the top QB prospects declare im sure they'll want a offensive minded coach in place.

Couple points, every year there are a handful of "loaded" teams that don't make it to the AFCC/NFCC. And along the same point, you HAVE TO BE LOADED to even have a shot to go that far. So that IMHO is not even remotely a knock on the coach. That is STILL overachieving to go that far with a "loaded" team when it doesn't include an elite QB.

Second, Sanchez's development, sure it could have been better, sure a better OC/QBC/HC can make a positive impact, but IMHO once again, this was "Captain Panic" as dubbed by yours truly. No amount of coaching and development was EVER going to dig deep inside his panicy little brain and calm him down when the PRESSURE of the world began to fall on his shoulders, as it ALWAYS DOES eventually for ALL long time NFL starters. The pressure to be a true top 10 caliber QB crippled Sanchez, not the lack of development, and prior to that, when he was still just a loose kid, he was doing just fine.

Teams quickly adjusted to mangini, we wasted rex's best years with his innovative blitzes because of Sanchez... the league finally caught up to rex now.
    I don't think mccags can screw up the QB pick this year... as long as we have the top pick, lol.. but I'm concerned about every other pick..
    Hate to say it but we need a completely new front office immediately following this season

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Couple points, every year there are a handful of "loaded" teams that don't make it to the AFCC/NFCC. And along the same point, you HAVE TO BE LOADED to even have a shot to go that far. So that IMHO is not even remotely a knock on the coach. That is STILL overachieving to go that far with a "loaded" team when it doesn't include an elite QB.

Second, Sanchez's development, sure it could have been better, sure a better OC/QBC/HC can make a positive impact, but IMHO once again, this was "Captain Panic" as dubbed by yours truly. No amount of coaching and development was EVER going to dig deep inside his panicy little brain and calm him down when the PRESSURE of the world began to fall on his shoulders, as it ALWAYS DOES eventually for ALL long time NFL starters. The pressure to be a true top 10 caliber QB crippled Sanchez, not the lack of development, and prior to that, when he was still just a loose kid, he was doing just fine.
    Again, all I am saying was that IMO Rex was not the long term answer here. Imnot blaming him for Sanchez nor am I minimizing the fact that he got us to the 2 AFCCGs. But, after that, his arrow was consistently pointing down and I think a coach wiht a style like his gets tuned out very quickly when the team is not winning. I also think his comepolete inabiloity to care about the O was a major issue. LIke I said, I wasnt calling for his head after 2014 but I was not terribly upset when he was let go either. And I do NOT think we'd be so much better off had he and/or Tanny been kept which was the main point of this thread.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    I'd be all in on Sean Payton 👍

Quote Originally Posted by GWjett View Post
    I'd be all in on Sean Payton 👍

me too..............

Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    Blame the regimes all you want. It won't matter.

It's the owner. He allows a caustic atmosphere around the team, allows the franchise to be made the punchline by every media outlet, listens to fans outrage and makes adjustments, craves publicity and has no concept of how to run an organization, set the tone as a leader, command respect of his own employees, or make any strategic decisions about the direction and future of this franchise on his own. He allows the GM/HC to set the tone and culture for the franchise and just keeps on rotating new people in that will simply appease him and his need for involvement in the operations.

People want us to go get John Dorsey. Honestly if I was a respected football executive I'd never consider the JEts as a viable landing spot. Sure if nobody else wanted me, I'd go there, but to choose this place as a landing spot when you can pick literally anywhere else? Easy choice. Avoid this tire fire and the weak willed coward who runs it.

But sure...lets start fresh again. It will be different this time.
    I agree. The owner is supposed to provide the general tone for the organization and a basic concept of what the team is supposed to be like that survives management and coaching changes.

Are you sure? Watch us draft Darnold and Rosen turns out to be special, or viceversa!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!