Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, it's the offense...

Yeah, it's the offense...

Ineptness, suuuuurrrrrrrrre it is.. news flash.. this D is horrible..

Team Owner
    Well we've only been SCREAMING for the jets to get a goddamned pass rush for like 20 years now. But we just keep saying we NEED the DBs in order to run our super-special mad scientist driven defensive schemes.

Ineptitude. It is saturated in this organization.

Why?
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Upper Deck, On the Rail
    Darren Lee is terrible

Team Owner
    Chubby Herm is a defensive genius though

Mo Wilkerson is a total waste of money and outside of talented players dropping to Macaganan at #6 overall he's Idzik with a bad beard and mustache

Darron Lee is a 4-3 OLB not a ILB in a 3-4
    Last edited by pope; 09-18-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWjett View Post
    Darren Lee is terrible
    He just gets swept away with the flow, I'm not sure what Bowles expects from the skinny kid. That position needs to be an Anvil like Bart used to be.
    Last edited by AFL12; 09-18-2017 at 12:17 AM.

I give the O credit they compete with the limited resources they have. The OLINE today was downright pretty darn good in pass protection and Brandon Shell was a huge bright spot shutting down Khalil Mack all game.

The defense is full of a bunch of pussies. Somebody tell Leo Williams the season has begun, feel free to join us.

Team Owner
    Leo is a interior DL. I know he played 4-3 DE in college, but he's not an edge rusher. I know he's a guy that gets a lot of peoples panties wet here, but he's still a 5 tech DE. He's probably never going to be a 12+ sack type guy every year. You want sacks, draft edge rushers.

I love Leo, but fans expectations on players based entirely on where they were drafted is idiotic. Yes he was drafted 6 overall. You want to know why he fell? Because he is not an edge rusher. You want to know why Adams fell? Because he's a god damned SS.

Which brings me to my nerd rage....

Why the hell are we not running a 4-3?

We have Ealy, Mo, Leo and Jenkins. That's your starting 4. If Ealy excels in that role - a role that suits him, then we'd only need to address the Jenkins spot next year. And we wouldn't be fighting half the league to get an edge defender that can also play LB. 3-4 is a great system when the whole league was running a 4-3 and you could get great tweeners that they dismissed for size. That's over.

At LB we already have three 4-3 LBs and we have no worthwhile 3-4 OLBs.
    Lee is a 4-3 OLB. That's what suits him. Why he is in a 3-4 ILB role is idiocy. Just the Jets forcing a square peg in a round hole bc they drafted him in the 1st thinking he could be our Buchannon. But you don't draft role players in the 1st round. D.Davis can be either MLB or OLB. Carter can play MLB in the 4-3 and has done it well previously. Add a bigger bodied thumper for earlier downs off the trash heap.

But no worries....Bowles defensive schemes are so damn impressive. We'll be just fine with his hybrid approach. None of our talent is improving, nobody is playing in a scheme that suits their talents all that well, no players are developing, we're gonna be just fine.
    Last edited by NFLs StepChild; 09-18-2017 at 01:53 AM.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Leo is not exclusively rushing from the edge. He lines up and rushes the passer from the 3 tech too. He just needs to do more. Im not saying i expected 5 sacks after 2 games, but come one do something. His run defense has been shaky too.

Yes he was drafted 6 overall. You want to know why he fell? Because he is not an edge rusher.
    Thats why i would have drafted Vic Beasley.
    Last edited by JetsMan57; 09-18-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Team Owner
    Beasley would have been a great add if we hired Quinn.

Bowles can't coach a defense, bottom line and that studdering idiot we got coaching the D, what the fcuk is his name? Oh my lord he sucks! Oh and Gilbert... Wasn't he a linebacker whisperer? Pathetic!
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!