• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: It's Your Birthday

It's Your Birthday

As if you didn't have enough of Dan Marino already here's A Football Life. In real life, the Man lived down the street from my secretary's house in Weston. I think he's moved to W. Palm since then. A family man and the Brain Trust of the Miami franchise, he didn't get into the South Beach stuff and only occasionally held parties at his house. Most of the other fan favorites from that era spend most of their off time in checking thru dance clubs, such as the Marks Brothers Clayton and Duper.

So I think N.F.L. network shows this today to commemorate his birthday -- which is only 8 days after mine. BTW Kudos to the NFL Fans staff for sending me periodic birthday greetings!

You can check out his stats and they aren't anything special compared to Matt Ryan or the QB from N.E., though his style set him apart from any other QB. I compare him only to Zonk. See, with Tom Brady he may be excellent but for pure excitement nobody comes close to Marino, and he can't do the things Dan did.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    As if you didn't have enough of Dan Marino already here's A Football Life. In real life, the Man lived down the street from my secretary's house in Weston. I think he's moved to W. Palm since then. A family man and the Brain Trust of the Miami franchise, he didn't get into the South Beach stuff and only occasionally held parties at his house. Most of the other fan favorites from that era spend most of their off time in checking thru dance clubs, such as the Marks Brothers Clayton and Duper.

So I think N.F.L. network shows this today to commemorate his birthday -- which is only 8 days after mine. BTW Kudos to the NFL Fans staff for sending me periodic birthday greetings!

You can check out his stats and they aren't anything special compared to Matt Ryan or the QB from N.E., though his style set him apart from any other QB. I compare him only to Zonk. See, with Tom Brady he may be excellent but for pure excitement nobody comes close to Marino, and he can't do the things Dan did.

Brings back memories. Marino was in a class of QBs unmatched in NFL history. The boy had an arm like,...whew. Saw him throw a TD pass to one of those Marx Bros,...it wasn't your normal 55 yds pass. It was like it had no arc,...I dunno like the ball never went higher than 10 yds for over 55 yds? amazing arm strength. Happy Happy Daniel Marino.