Practice Report: McVay Prepares for Former Team, Donald Returns to Practice

Kristen Lago

The Rams were back on the practice field for the first time since their dominant win over the Colts last weekend. With just four days until Los Angeles’ Week 2 matchup with Washington, the team completed a non-padded session on Wednesday afternoon. L.A. is slated to work in full pads on Thursday.

JOHNSON NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Cornerback Trumaine Johnson was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after a commanding performance in the Rams’ season opener. Not only did the veteran cornerback record a pick-six on quarterback Scott Tolzien’s first pass of the day, but he also forced and recovered a fumble, and allowed just two receptions on five targets.

This is the first time Johnson has been named Player of the Week in his six years in the league. Johnson said he was honored to be recognized and hopes to use that momentum moving forward.

“It’s an honor, but I’m starving though. It’s my first time getting the award, it’s very humbling,” he said. “[But] like I said, I’m hungry for more.”

This weekend Johnson and the rest of the Rams’ defense will face off against the Redskins. In the Washington offense, Johnson will likely often find himself matched up with wide receiver Terrelle Pryor, who is expected to be the Redskins’ No. 1 big-play target this season.

“He’s a good receiver, strong and physical, tall and fast,” Johnson said. “That’s one a lot of guys sleep on. He’s an athlete, converted quarterback to a receiver, but he’s still good. I’m not taking away from any of the other receivers too, but he’s the main one we want to focus on.”

Read Complete Article
http://www.therams.com/news-and-even...0-4d1a2d39f601