Thread: 3 quick thangs

Head Coach Material

3 quick thangs

-Should be easy for the Packers and Falcons,...ya know, to prepare a game plan. These teams faced each other twice last season. And there's not much change in the teams' rosters.

Everything 'bout this game is so evident there's not much to say about it. So I guess we'll have to wait til Sunday night and see. Thursday Night football has the Texans at Cincinatti,...yech. But Sunday we'll have The Red Zone to watch what's a happnin' round the league. That's always fun.

The reason it'll be easy for each team to develop a game plan is cause both head coaches always stick to their philosophy. It's a case of we're gonna do what we do and we'll win with that application type thang. Rarely will either coach change up, like Quinn blitzing like hail or McCarthy trying to emphasize the run and take pass attempts away from Rodgers. Both teams are gonna come out and do what they do.

-Then there's Donnie McNabb who said,...in relation to the playoff game against the Packers last Winter. "Now without a couple of fumbles and dropped balls, they might have beat Atlanta in the NFC championship." hahahaha what an idiot. The Falcons dominated the Packers, a fact.

-And then there's this hahahahaha *new* defense the Packers are goin' to.hahaha this is funny coming out the media's moufs,...

Damn I can't remember,...neion, cobalt, I dunno it made me laugh and when I laugh I forget easily. But it's the NEW Packers defense! Just to let ya'll know it features a cover 3 secondary with an active safety around the LOS. It has a fast, lighter in weight linebacker(s) and expects the front 4 to do all the pass rushing and run stopping. Well dayam,...that's the Falcons defense to a TEE! Freaking amazing the media attempting to suggest this Packers defense is something new. The Broncos, Raiders, Patriots, etc. ALLL use this defense have for YEARS. Okay,...it's the first time the Packers will go to this scheme so,...DOES THAT MAKE IT NEW?hahahaha IDIOTS

What's bad is this fake news will be taken as fact by many people, oh well.

It'll be fascinating to observe Sunday night's game plans. This game definitely has a playoff atmosphere already. Ya can tell when the idiots in the media become involved. And funny,...most of *them* aren't necessarily people whom like the Atlanta Falcons,...interesting.

Packers Moderator
    Two great passing games vs 2 struggling secondaries. Gonna be like watching an NBA all star game
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by packfan1 View Post
    Two great passing games vs 2 struggling secondaries. Gonna be like watching an NBA all star game
    haha I wonder 'bout that. It'll be interesting if the stout Packers D-line stops the Falcons run game, if so yeah it'll force the Falcons to go to passing more. If both teams come out running the ball early we could see a 3-0 halftime score like what happened in the Green Bay win over the Seahawks.

And yeah, I've been reading lots of people suggesting the Falcons secondary is not so good. I maintain it's not a lack of talent but rather this soft zone coverage that Dan Quinn uses on almost every defensive snap. Juuuuust like in SB51 this scheme allows the underneath tosses all to be durned and it drives me crazy but?,...Q has won with it so it is what it is. And seems like the Packers secondary did well against Russell Wilson.

EDIT:ADDITIONAL-I researched the Packers NITRO defense. It appears to be a cover 3 scheme with fast LBs but the alignment is a tad different than the Falcons in regard to the defensive tackles. But other than that it's the same philosophy the Broncos, Falcons and Raiders use. The game is changing right in front of our eyes.
    Last edited by Penumbra; 09-15-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: additional

Packers Moderator
    See, now I hadn't even heard of the NITRO defense and just read about it because you mentioned it so you're teaching and learning at the same time. It just seems like a variant of what the Panthers did years ago with Thomas Davis moving to LB from safety. Its also what the Cardinals drafted Deonne Buchannon for and why the rams traded for Mark Barron. I Figured the Packers would do this when they drafted Jones in the 2nd round with no apparent need of a safety. They haven't been able to draft a coverage ILB to save their lives because its hard to find a 235+lb linebacker who can cover. But if you can keep a solid tackling safety clean he can make the tackle in the running game and have the speed to cover when necessary. The key is you have to keep him clean or the offense will run all over you. The LB/S hybrid is definitely part of the evolution of the game.

Head Coach Material
    Wow, you've either played the game or are/was a coach. Yeah, I just heard of the Nitro last week. Apparently either this change in defensive scheme was intended to stay quiet or our beloved experts in the sports media again were too lazy to notice it. And to me, it's like amazing McCarthy would change his defense. But as you said the game is always evolving. Lots and lots of teams are going to this scheme,...lighter defensive ends and linebackers and the emphasis on speed.

But like Dan Quinn always preaches, tackling has to be effective and that makes sense when the guys aren't so big. There was a day when the MLB on every defense HAD to be around 250 lbs. Heck, all the LBs were heavier than most are now.

It'll be very interesting to observe this Nitro defense. Side note,...a Packers fan said one of the starting D-Backs in the NFCChampionship game is no longer a Packer. Could be the change of the D.

Packers Moderator
    Ledarius Gunter was cut this week. He started last year because of injuries to the secondary but he did cover the opponents best receivers. Odell, Dez and Julio in the playoffs. He was overmatched. Now both of our 2 CB's from last year are healthy and we drafted King at the top of the second rd and signed Devon House. Gunter was down to 5th in the rotation. He was picked up by the Panthers on waivers. I did like him. He's a former undrafted free agent. But I think he'll stay on a roster and may even start when he's a little more experienced.