Thread: I'm keeping a very close eye on this OL going forward...

I'm keeping a very close eye on this OL going forward...

To determine who is wirth keeping and who needs replacing. I could not watch the game because of Irma, but from what I heard Shell did a good job pass protecting. The OL is getting no push though, is it Johnson? is it Winters? is it Carpenter? Is it just lack of cohesion at this point? Sone lines take some time to jell. The 10,11 group took a while to get the run game going, but once they did, they became the best group in the league.

I will venture and say that center and left tackle probably need replacing, they are serviceable but not ideal starters. I would love to shore up the LT and C positions for the next 10 years and give tge young QB a real chance to succeed. Look at Luck in Indy and his crappy line, they have hindered his progress.

Building an all world OL should priority number two after the QB. Build it and they will come. QB and OL, that's where I'm at.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Zero push from all. They actually did pass protect better. But the pocket was collapsing

Run blocking is atrocious.

Carpenter is the only definitve keeper on that OL IMO. Jury still out on Shell.

They need a LT, a C and an eventual upgrade for Winters for this OL to get to even an above average level...and thats IF Shell develops into a decent starter.

1. Draft the QB
    1a. Fix the OL through draft and FA
    2. Sign a legit starting CB to play opposite Burris
    3. Draft an edge rusher
    4. Add the upgraded skill players: WRs first, then RB after (I think between Leggett and ASJ we are fairly set at TE)

That would be my 2 to 3 year plan...in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Run blocking is atrocious.

Carpenter is the only definitve keeper on that OL IMO. Jury still out on Shell.

They need a LT, a C and an eventual upgrade for Winters for this OL to get to even an above average level...and thats IF Shell develops into a decent starter.

1. Draft the QB
    1a. Fix the OL through draft and FA
    2. Sign a legit starting CB to play opposite Burris
    3. Draft an edge rusher
    4. Add the upgraded skill players: WRs first, then RB after (I think between Leggett and ASJ we are fairly set at TE)

That would be my 2 to 3 year plan...in that order.
    That's a sh!+load of work for even a great gm let alone a marginal rookie one... but 1 and 1a need to happen first anday fast...

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    That's a sh!+load of work for even a great gm let alone a marginal rookie one... but 1 and 1a need to happen first anday fast...
    Team is an absolute shit SHOW right now so clearly a shit LOAD of work is needed! Going 0-16 this year with a 60-70 mil war chest of cap room would be a big help. You could handle the QB in rd 1 and the some of the OL in rd 2 and FA. CB could also be done in FA. Stud Edge rusher and upgraded skills might need to wait another year.

Stupidest thing Mac could do is try and fix it all in one off season wiht some assinine FA splurge because as we all know, that NEVER works! But IF he truly has an eye for talent then wiht 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and a ton of cap room, he could take a significant step this off season.

Packers Moderator
    Gonna be hard to evaluate. It's hard to be good when the guy to your left and right isn't. Steve Hutchinson was the best guard in football playing next to Walter Jones and just OK next to Bryant McKinnie.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion