Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: So why couldn't the Jets start one of the young QB's?

  1. #1

    So why couldn't the Jets start one of the young QB's?

    So after watching the game and watching the 15 year backup QB i have to ask? If your going to clean house, go young, why did i have to see the 15 yr vet toss 3 yd bombs all day long. yeah he had pretty good pass accuracy #'s but hey those 2-4 yd quick hits and outs should have racked up better numbers. So my point is why is it that you just don't have either of the young guys Petty or Hack do the same damn thing. are we saying it was a team moral building while still getting an L with a career backup QB instead of possibly finding a future QB starter or heck even Backup if you draft your potential FQB in 2018?
    Both young guys would be better off in the game right now. The Jets are getting zippo help starting a career backup.

  2. #2
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19,955
    Hackenberg can't read defenses or identify basic protections, he'll get himself & others killed out there

    Petty is the only real alternative and he's shaky at best

    Take a long nap Sin, let thoughts of Darnold & Rosen dance in your head

  3. #3
    To be fair, it didn't look like there were a ton of wrs breaking open for mccown.. anyway, petty is hurting and hack is mentally injuried... you will see the kids soon. Just not now.. we need to make it look like we're trying.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Hackenberg can't read defenses or identify basic protections, he'll get himself & others killed out there

    Petty is the only real alternative and he's shaky at best

    Take a long nap Sin, let thoughts of Darnold & Rosen dance in your head
    Oh drafting one of the studs isn't an issue the Jets would be knuckleheads if they didn't get a QB in the 1st rd.
    Just don't see the point in a career backup playing right now. I would rather evaluate the young guys and see if the mental part of the game improves if it does't then not only are you looking for a FQB in the draft your looking at potential backups too.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    To be fair, it didn't look like there were a ton of wrs breaking open for mccown.. anyway, petty is hurting and hack is mentally injuried... you will see the kids soon. Just not now.. we need to make it look like we're trying.
    we need to make it look like we're trying Hahahaha No really we don't if you win you win but please i gain nothing from trying to make like we want to win. I want to see if the young guys can improve the mental part of the game will there heads catch up to the speed of the pro game. I get zippo from seeing exactly why McCown has been a career backup for the past 15 yrs.
    Starting McCown is like wearing rose colored glasses--delusional

  6. #6
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19,955
    Catch up to the speed of the game?

    Has any player (minus stud talent Leonard Williams who was born great) developed under Chubby Herm yet?????

  7. #7
    Answer = The Toilet.

    Comeon, have you watched this guy coach and followed his decisions?

    Look, McCown is here BECAUSE there was a very legit chance hack wouldn't be good enough for Bowles to call his name and because he gave us the LEAST chance to win in that "go to the vet" scenario for Bowles. Bowles did what his ultra conservative butt always does, and Macagnan SAFEGUARDED his own plan to tank by only giving him McCown as his vet option.

    It's all good. keep checking ti down Joshy!!!!

    Saturday, 9/16, Rosen and Darnoldt on national TV. Get some popcorn. Crack a brew. GET EXCITED. Root for Jet losses!!!!!

    The Jets would have a better chance of winning RIGHT NOW with either of those guys starting this Sunday. And I mean like, fly in tomorrow and start practicing Thursday, and we'd have a better chance to win on Sunday. LOL

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Catch up to the speed of the game?

    Has any player (minus stud talent Leonard Williams who was born great) developed under Chubby Herm yet?????
    Guy got props for one decent season in AZ. and near the end of the season his defense was suspect for AZ. I could only hope the Jets will hire an offensive minded HC the next time out. Oh and not someone named Chip either.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    we need to make it look like we're trying Hahahaha No really we don't if you win you win but please i gain nothing from trying to make like we want to win. I want to see if the young guys can improve the mental part of the game will there heads catch up to the speed of the pro game. I get zippo from seeing exactly why McCown has been a career backup for the past 15 yrs.
    Starting McCown is like wearing rose colored glasses--delusional
    Why do you give two cr@ps about petty and hack?. Lol.. that's so 2 months ago... they're history.. footnotes in a long line.. we're going qb in round one finally and hes going to be the guy for the next 3 to 15 years

  10. #10
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19,955
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Why do you give two cr@ps about petty and hack?. Lol.. that's so 2 months ago... they're history.. footnotes in a long line.. we're going qb in round one finally and hes going to be the guy for the next 3 to 15 years
    This ^^^

    No GM other than perhaps John Idzik is passing on Darnold, Rosen or whomever else because Petty & Hackenberg are on the roster.

    They had their shot and $hit their pants, they couldn't beat out a 38 year old journeyman on his 16th team, that says all you need to know.

    Personally I'd cut both of them them in the offseason & sign a vet to hold Darnold's clipboard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO