Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So why couldn't the Jets start one of the young QB's?

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    Why do you give two cr@ps about petty and hack?. Lol.. that's so 2 months ago... they're history.. footnotes in a long line.. we're going qb in round one finally and hes going to be the guy for the next 3 to 15 years
    Because there is absolutely NADA that McCown offers the jets moving forward. Drafting one of the studs that may or may not be there even if you get the top pick. Hell both guys could stay in college.
    Whether you believe Petty or Hack offer zippo has yet to be seen on the field. Pre season is hot garbage. The FKN OL that they were starting was a joke.
    Play the young guys you arent drafting 3 QB's. You need to have three QB's McCown isn't going to be one going forward. So Play the young guys. But hey if a 38 yo never been nothing QB who throws 15 passes 3 rds beyond the LOS catches your fancy then so be it. Yeeeehawwww. I know this season is a wash but i'd rather see the young Qs over the 38 yo JAG BACKUP.

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    This ^^^

No GM other than perhaps John Idzik is passing on Darnold, Rosen or whomever else because Petty & Hackenberg are on the roster.

They had their shot and $hit their pants, they couldn't beat out a 38 year old journeyman on his 16th team, that says all you need to know.

Personally I'd cut both of them them in the offseason & sign a vet to hold Darnold's clipboard
    Pope i agree a GM who passes on any of the top 4 QB's coming out would be a fool. To say these guys lost out to McCown i'll just shake my head cause this HC shows thru his deeds that he wont play a young QB until its the last option. He showed that when he started Hack yet started backups on the OL against Detroit. That was a farce and that was all on the HC. He handcuffed the young guy. The ol looked like what Houston did this week against the jags a fkn turnstile.
    You sell me as a fan that this year is a rebuild then let me see the rebuild. You rid the team of Vets its a rebuild so i can stomach the bad plays hell i lived with sanchez, i lived with Smith. I can't continue with the Fitz's and McCowns when i have viable arms with young heads. Play them if you don't give a sh8t about wins this year why cry for a 38 yo journeymen backup. Why cause the HC feels comfortable and he thinks thats the best chance to win LMAO. JUST GO YOUNG

Quote Originally Posted by sincityjetsfan View Post
    Because there is absolutely NADA that McCown offers the jets moving forward. Drafting one of the studs that may or may not be there even if you get the top pick. Hell both guys could stay in college.
    Whether you believe Petty or Hack offer zippo has yet to be seen on the field. Pre season is hot garbage. The FKN OL that they were starting was a joke.
    Play the young guys you arent drafting 3 QB's. You need to have three QB's McCown isn't going to be one going forward. So Play the young guys. But hey if a 38 yo never been nothing QB who throws 15 passes 3 rds beyond the LOS catches your fancy then so be it. Yeeeehawwww. I know this season is a wash but i'd rather see the young Qs over the 38 yo JAG BACKUP.
    Not 100% true, we have a ton of young WRs...they benefit from mccown over hack,.. petty will play , he's actually hurt... hack is just atrocious at this point. Our OL is getting zero push so we are going nowhere....

because Petty was hurt (again) and Hack is literally the worst QB employed by the NFL in any capacity. He is cuttable. There's no demand for him, put him on the taxi squad when Petty is healthy.

Assistant Coach
    My question is how many of the PAC 10 Qb's ever turn out to be any good?

both petty and hack will play this year. petty when more healthy and hack when ready. we all can sit here and kill hack and say he is the worst ever but he has really hardly has played....saying hack is a total joke and the worst qb of all time is as dumb as saying he is the answer....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    both petty and hack will play this year. petty when more healthy and hack when ready. we all can sit here and kill hack and say he is the worst ever but he has really hardly has played....saying hack is a total joke and the worst qb of all time is as dumb as saying he is the answer....
    But that's what bit always does. You see, it's a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjet52 View Post
    It's a completely moot point, he stinks right now, and unfortunately (for him) ,won't have the chance of "developing" because we are moving on... no need to kick the kid any more though
    Last edited by AFL12; 09-13-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AFL12 View Post
    It's a completely moot point, he stinks right now, and unfortunately (for him) ,won't have the chance of "developing" because we are moving on... no need to kick the kid any more though
    who says we are moving on? the media and the fans? i still think he needs to play to find out if he can improve....