Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For all the shit Macc takes...he's doing well this offseason all things considered

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    In a job that requires TONS of learning and experience, he is doing well IMO. I think his drafting has been better than most give him credit for, and I think WEAK COACHING is a large part of that equation regarding those on the negative perception side.

But (sorry Pope) the notion that one 2nd round QB pick, is a primary pass/fail moment for a (then) 2nd year GM is just absurd. this is a process. A loooooooong term process if you are destined to be a "strong" NFL GM. There are no stand-out WTF??? moves with this guy, nor are there just full scale whiffs in the draft. Again, 2nd round and lower QBs are f@cking 5% dice rolls NO MATTER WHO THE PICK IS, so I don't give 2 f@cks that he rolled and missed on Hack. We can just NOT draft QBs also. That's an option that guarantees never finding FQB, and that helps us how?

And he also, when placed in a "must spend" moment, did really excellent. In one off season he transformed a sh!t roster into a team that with the assist of a "solid" QB season (via a JAG's career year) won 10 games. Now we know there was a sh!t ton of luck helping us get to 10. But from a Gm standpoint, so what. it showed that he made good moves. And also, we know that was NOT a long term plan. This GM was never about "spend to win now, short term short term short term) But we were in a spend or be penalized moment, and we did at that time have a 2nd round QB we were hoping could maybe become something, and he made moves that would NOT crush us on the long term plan. My point is the moves worked, and that is a GOOD GRADE for the GM. The error occurred afterwards when we FURTHER chased a "win now" path even though we KNEW we did not have enough QB. And i wll go to my grave believing that was 100% Woody pushing the FOOLED's ignorant agenda. Mac PROVED he didn't want this plan by letting that QB, the center piece of the 2016 plan, twist in the wind for MONTHS while SB caliber teams with GAPING holes at QB COULD HAVE snapped him up and "ruined" our whole plan there.

mac's plan was Geno becomes the guy, OR, we start the rebuild right then. Then Fitz won 10. Then Woody PUSHED the change of plan to win now adn make 2016 a contination of 2015. That was foolish and we all knew it. And thus the rebuild ACTUALLY occurred 2 years later than the GM's original plan called for. And here we are.

We need to see some positive "eye test" playing, if not some real results, from his draft picks, and if we get that, how can we NOT allow this GM to pick our players in the next draft and continue on? In a job where the good ones still have plenty of whiffs, this guy is doing well out of the gate. if his last two draft classes look underwhelming, you might consider the full scale regime change starting fresh with a #1-2 pick and gobs of cap. We'll see.

So far so good. And for a newbie NFL GM, that IS good!!

Other than Leonard Williams & Adams dropping into his lap at #6 I don't see what you're so excited about.

It's early but the returns are not great at all

I want a new head coach and none of them who are worth a damn are signing up with Mac already on board.
    Last edited by pope; 09-08-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Team Owner
    You asked how Sheldon was a cancer. I gave you a full list. The fact that he was involved with the only negative issue/occurance Mo has ever had with this franchise tells some of the tale.

Then his buddy Mehta goes on and on crucifying Mo and talking up Sheldon? Smells fishy there. Seems like Sheldon (or his agent) was tossing his good buddy Mo under the bus to save his own career/push for his contract payday. Great teammate.

Prior to last season, Mo was never considered anything but a total pro by all accounts until Bowles made an example out of them (BOTH OF THEM). But whatever, I know you just ignored ALL of the other points about what an embarrassing piece of dogshit Sheldon was and took the one thing you could try to spin around and use that to dismiss the rest of the points.

You love you some Sheldon. We get it. But his failures are ALL on him.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Team Owner
    Most is simply conjecture and therefore worthy of ignoring, you haven't a clue how playing ILB & OLB affected his play nor do you have any clue that he somehow used a grown man as his very own puppet and made him skip multiple meetings.

You have absolutely not a shred of evidence, just conjecture

You have a hard on for Mo, we get it, let's blame Sheldon for another grown man's failures
    Last edited by pope; 09-08-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Team Owner
    Yawn. No internet points for you today.

FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

Team Owner
    Send that cookie off to Mac, put a pretty bow on it.

Team Owner
    I will. Do you want me to pick you up a box of tissues while I'm out cookie shopping?

I agree with you on the "locker room cancer" stuff being overblown. My opinion of why he had to go has nothing to do with that at all actually. I have two main reasons. 1. Let's see if Seattle can get a contract done? let's see if this guys signs a FAIR market price as Mo did (at the time, he was still great) This guy spouts off every time there is a bit ticket FA up for contract saying this guy deserves to be the highest paid player on Earth. he says it every time. not that big a deal in and of itself but it's a RED FLAG that when his own deal comes up it's gonna be borderling impossible to get it done without making a team-bad deal. This one is just business. I hold NOTHING against him for demanding money, or saying other's deserve money, I'm just saying it's gonna be a monster of a negotiation and I don't believe you'l get him done to a deal that will HELP your team, it will hurt more than it helps, or you'll just fail and he'll be holding out. Pure business. 2. The incidents and the drugs. This has nothing to do with the locker room, but to not see these as red flags, GIANT red flags is naive. Nobody with a right mind can put HUGE, long term money behind this player without a VERY REAL fear that he is going to, at some point, f@ck up like this again and you then LOSE HIM for extended time if not ever. We've seen thi COUNTLESS times with GREAT players who are NOT DISCIPLINED in their peronsal lives and players like that are flat out BAD INVESTMENTS, or at least very risky ones.

Pure business and projecting what it will take to keep him after the season and how much risk is involved, AND you already had another outstanding (at the time) player with ZERO signs of a let down and almost zero of the same risk. This was a good business trade.

Team Owner
    Rare talents deserve to be paid, Richardson deserves the money & you simply put incentives in the contract to protect yourself is he screws up again. You pay the difference makers.

But hey the jets got Wilkerson balling out big time for a few less dollars so it's all good.

This is John Abraham/Shawn Ellis all over again, pay the slow steady lazy piece of $hit and let the rare talent sack the qb in another uniform.

No one discards top talent like the jets
    Last edited by pope; 09-08-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Well if everything you said here is actually true in the end, then of course you are correct. I'm simply not sure Sheldon is THAT special. And I'm not sure Mo didn't have a one and done off year returning from injury.

You're stance makes Sheldon out to be Ray Lewis.

And putting team friendly incentives into the contract to protect us from the next drug induced 140 mph episode? Yeah duh, what a great idea. This is my point Pope, this dude AIN'T SIGNING that contract. You kidding? This is my point, you are SIMPLIFYING signing him. He won't come easy like that. If he stays pro bowl caliber he WILL demand MORE than a pro bowl DL (not JJ Watt, just top 10 caliber pro bowl DL) should get. I think he's gonna be a PIA to sign. And while he's definiately pro bowl, he's not Ray Lewis or Reggie White. We'll see.

But when he's sitting home, closing in on week 1, and Seattle throws their hands up and says we can't get it done, Mac will look smart. Or if they do do get it done, without your pie in the sky incentives that ain't possibly happening, and he gets suspended for 2019, same shit, Mac looking smart.

Hey, TBD.
    Last edited by JWilly; 09-09-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Team Owner
    He's going to have to sign a contract like that from some team or he's not going to be playing football any longer, he put himself in that situation.

He's not Ray Lewis but he's a special & rare talent IF USED PROPERLY (he's not going to be effective playing OLB & ILB as the toilet has been grossly misusing him the past 2 seasons, a complete and total waste of this players talent)

It's just my opinion, not trying to be right about anything, I wish Mac had traded Wilkerson 5 minutes after Leonard Williams fell in his lap, I prefer the combo of Richardson & Williams to the decision this franchise made.

Regardless, Richardson is in a much better situation now in Seattle, we'll see if Mo decides to give a f@ck this year and beyond.