Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: For all the shit Macc takes...he's doing well this offseason all things considered

  1. #1
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    11,528

    For all the shit Macc takes...he's doing well this offseason all things considered

    Sheldon deal??? WTF? HOW did he get a 2nd rounder? Kearse was a guy they were looking to move or cut because they have younger talent there. He was a throw in. But damn if we didn't just take a top 60 pick for a 1 year rental with baggage and absurd salary expectations.

    We trade away Pryor for a guy who looks like he will start, and then Pryor gets cut from their team for being a cancer and troublemaker.

    So he cuts out 2 cancers and gets people to pay him in serviceable players who people like and respect in their lockerrooms and a 2nd round draft pick.

    Nicely done Macc.

    Roster has been gutted per the design and we are seemingly cancer free at the moment. Clean slate.

    I'm not handing out trophies for a tear down either, but great job turning trash into assets.
    J-E-T-S! It's not exactly a passion, it's generally more of a sickness.

    FACT: The New York Jets will never win a Super Bowl with Woody Johnson as the owner.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    Sheldon deal??? WTF? HOW did he get a 2nd rounder? Kearse was a guy they were looking to move or cut because they have younger talent there. He was a throw in. But damn if we didn't just take a top 60 pick for a 1 year rental with baggage and absurd salary expectations.

    We trade away Pryor for a guy who looks like he will start, and then Pryor gets cut from their team for being a cancer and troublemaker.

    So he cuts out 2 cancers and gets people to pay him in serviceable players who people like and respect in their lockerrooms and a 2nd round draft pick.

    Nicely done Macc.

    Roster has been gutted per the design and we are seemingly cancer free at the moment. Clean slate.

    I'm not handing out trophies for a tear down either, but great job turning trash into assets.
    And letting Marshall walk. Sometimes the best deal you make it the one you don't.

  3. #3
    What's the over under for Marshall/obj implosion? Week 4? Or do they both turn on eli.

  4. #4
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,160
    Yeah I can't believe he got a late round #2 (which is really a third round pick) for one of the most talented d-lineman in the NFL, let's give him a cookie for that.

  5. #5
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLs StepChild View Post
    Sheldon deal??? WTF? HOW did he get a 2nd rounder? Kearse was a guy they were looking to move or cut because they have younger talent there. He was a throw in. But damn if we didn't just take a top 60 pick for a 1 year rental with baggage and absurd salary expectations.

    We trade away Pryor for a guy who looks like he will start, and then Pryor gets cut from their team for being a cancer and troublemaker.

    So he cuts out 2 cancers and gets people to pay him in serviceable players who people like and respect in their lockerrooms and a 2nd round draft pick.

    Nicely done Macc.

    Roster has been gutted per the design and we are seemingly cancer free at the moment. Clean slate.

    I'm not handing out trophies for a tear down either, but great job turning trash into assets.
    I've stood by Mac through everything, even the drafting of the 2 safeties, as my view is that Woody & the Toilet were the causes of our problems.

    He gets big time props for the Sheldon deal from me.

    But with the Pryor deal I'll have to credit that to good luck. Now that's no little thing in my view since our history is littered with bad luck.

    Mac, apparently with Woody's blessing, has us on the right track & I hope Woody has what it takes to see it through.

    The Toilet is another story.
    "On to 2017"

  6. #6
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Yeah I can't believe he got a late round #2 (which is really a third round pick) for one of the most talented d-lineman in the NFL, let's give him a cookie for that.
    Two points:

    - His removal from the locker room is a net positive to team chemistry. No more do we have to put up with him injecting himself into the contracts, etc of others. And no more childish, immature twitter battles with ex teammates.

    - He was already an ex Jet IMO, the calendar date for that to happen simply hadn't been reached yet & had the trade not happened when his expiration date arrived we would have lost him for nothing. I say that because when he signed elsewhere next off season we wouldn't gat a comp pick because we will sign more than we lose so his signing will be nullified.
    "On to 2017"

  7. #7
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    Two points:

    - His removal from the locker room is a net positive to team chemistry. No more do we have to put up with him injecting himself into the contracts, etc of others. And no more childish, immature twitter battles with ex teammates.

    - He was already an ex Jet IMO, the calendar date for that to happen simply hadn't been reached yet & had the trade not happened when his expiration date arrived we would have lost him for nothing. I say that because when he signed elsewhere next off season we wouldn't gat a comp pick because we will sign more than we lose so his signing will be nullified.

    Stop with the nonsense that this guy was somehow a locker room cancer, he stood up to a$$hat Brandon Marshall and the Fitz circle jerk that tore the locker room apart yet somehow Sheldon was the issue, total BS

    I'd have been impressed if Mac got a #1 for Wilkerson when Leonard Williams feel in his lap, instead he overpays that f@cking turd later on and has no room to pay for the much more talented player (Sheldon).

    Watch what Richardson does in Seattle with a coach who knows how to use him, they'll laugh at giving up basically a 3rd rounder for him.

  8. #8
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Stop with the nonsense that this guy was somehow a locker room cancer, he stood up to a$$hat Brandon Marshall and the Fitz circle jerk that tore the locker room apart yet somehow Sheldon was the issue, total BS

    I'd have been impressed if Mac got a #1 for Wilkerson when Leonard Williams feel in his lap, instead he overpays that f@cking turd later on and has no room to pay for the much more talented player (Sheldon).

    Watch what Richardson does in Seattle with a coach who knows how to use him, they'll laugh at giving up basically a 3rd rounder for him.
    We're obviously going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
    "On to 2017"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    Stop with the nonsense that this guy was somehow a locker room cancer, he stood up to a$$hat Brandon Marshall and the Fitz circle jerk that tore the locker room apart yet somehow Sheldon was the issue, total BS

    I'd have been impressed if Mac got a #1 for Wilkerson when Leonard Williams feel in his lap, instead he overpays that f@cking turd later on and has no room to pay for the much more talented player (Sheldon).

    Watch what Richardson does in Seattle with a coach who knows how to use him, they'll laugh at giving up basically a 3rd rounder for him.
    You watch this guy become the next BLM mouthpiece along with Michael Bennett. These guys are standing up for King Kaep. You don't call that at least a potential distraction?

    I'm glad he's gone and I am glad they got decent value for him (although he could do well there on the field). He was the least reliable and most unpredictable. Most likely to get suspended too. Oh, and like the rest of the group, sans Williams, highly disappointing and inconsistent.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-08-2017 at 06:20 PM.

  10. #10
    Team Owner
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    20,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    You watch this guy become the next BLM mouthpiece along with Michael Bennett. These guys are standing up for King Kaep. You don't call that a distraction?

    I'm glad he's gone. He was the least reliable and most unpredictable. Most likely to get suspended too. Oh, and like the rest of the group, sans Williams, highly disappointing and inconsistent.

    I didn't once see Sheldon taking a knee or any of the other SJW crap, stop your fake news BS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO