Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has it ever been worse?

Yea like when we traded for Braylon Edwards 5 days before the Miami game and he had a huge game on Monday Night football

SHADDAP

No sain person would BELIEVE that the Bucs might bench Winston for a slow start for their second choice backup QB coming off a league WORST season. No sain person would believe that the Colts are about to give up on Luck, OR that any franchise could AFFORD the price to trade for him.

He thinks because it's the Colts and because Manning happened it will just simply happen again. Never mind Manning was already OLD and had a "may never play again" neck injury while Luck is young and coming back from a shoulder.

Hey, if he truly becomes damaged goods, well that sceanio by default carries with it a billion UNKNOWN parameters so speculating on it now is AGAIN just stupid.

Hey what if Aaron Rodgers gets hurt, then becomes questionable damaged goods, then his team plummetsmto thw #1 pick, then he's on the trade block? What if what if? Let's start 12 threads about that?

GG..... Shaddup

Quote Originally Posted by MSGold12 View Post
    Thing is, I dont think we need the #1 overall. Between Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Rudolph, Falk and Fitzgerald all we need is 3 or 4 of these guys to step up, solidify themseleves as top 10 picks and declare. A top 4 or 5 pick should then suffice.

Although it would be great to get that #1 and be sitting in the cat bird seat to even field offers if they like spomeone other than the consensus #1. And truth be told, if we lose to BUffalo in week 1, I cannot see us winning more then 3 games this year.
    You realize what you just did, don't you?

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    The answer is yes, it has been way worse than today. maybe not if you are comparing one season to any other one season, but when have we EVER had the true HOPE that this QB class is giving us right now? I don't want to hear any "ya never know" "anything can happen" BS. Yeah, we all know, we aren't talking about what will actually happen, we are talking about HOPE, right now, that when this horrid season is over that we will be bringing in the single BIGGEST rated QB prospect since Joe Namath.

How can a 2-14 or a 3-13 season with THAT as the reward not be considered drastically better than the, hello, MANY other 1-15, 3-13 seasons we have absorbed with this wretched franchise where the "prize" for enduring it wasn't even a QB at all, let alone a blue chip.

Right now at this moment we have more HOPE at the end of this TEMPORARY wretched tunnel than we have EVER had. An FQB can change the course of this franchise. Not guaranteed, but I will tell you this, Keyshawn Johnson sure as sh!t wasn't going to change the course of this franchise, Blair Thomas wasn't going to change the course of this franchise.

We have HOPE. And we have endured PLENTY of these seasons before. What 1 or 2 wins is REALLY any different from 4 or 5 wins? Please. It's the exact same, you just get way less of a "prize" for enduring it.

Nail on the head. We have an excellent shot at a top prospect with a great shot at being a FQB. That's more hope than I can remember for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    The answer is yes, it has been way worse than today. maybe not if you are comparing one season to any other one season, but when have we EVER had the true HOPE that this QB class is giving us right now? I don't want to hear any "ya never know" "anything can happen" BS. Yeah, we all know, we aren't talking about what will actually happen, we are talking about HOPE, right now, that when this horrid season is over that we will be bringing in the single BIGGEST rated QB prospect since Joe Namath.

How can a 2-14 or a 3-13 season with THAT as the reward not be considered drastically better than the, hello, MANY other 1-15, 3-13 seasons we have absorbed with this wretched franchise where the "prize" for enduring it wasn't even a QB at all, let alone a blue chip.

Right now at this moment we have more HOPE at the end of this TEMPORARY wretched tunnel than we have EVER had. An FQB can change the course of this franchise. Not guaranteed, but I will tell you this, Keyshawn Johnson sure as sh!t wasn't going to change the course of this franchise, Blair Thomas wasn't going to change the course of this franchise.

We have HOPE. And we have endured PLENTY of these seasons before. What 1 or 2 wins is REALLY any different from 4 or 5 wins? Please. It's the exact same, you just get way less of a "prize" for enduring it.
    Oh ok, so it's great that we have hope to get a FQB, at long last. So it's 'great' that we suck (at the right time, for once, I guess is your point).

As MSG posted above, we only need to be the top 4 or 5 pick to get one of these guys (who, as you constantly remind us, are a CRAPSHOOT). SO you know d@mn well already what these Jets are going to do. They are going to win 6-7 games. They are going to push us out of the top ten, or near it - enough to be out of the running, and they are going to make sure all of those CRAPSHOOT PIPE DREAMS land someplace else.

I guess you don't remember 1983. I guess you don't remember 1991. The Jets have a knack for screwing this up. Call it SOJs or Namath making a deal with you-know-who. Blame it on the rain, it doesn't matter. It remains that I will need to see it to believe - just like with the Sox. Just like the Pats fans in 2001. SEEING IS BELIEVING, and HOPE is a tease (or an illusion).

We are HOPELESS, as always, since Chad Pennington ripped up his shoulder and Brett Favre did similar.

Hope springs eternal, but these are our Jets, in case you've forgotten. Never forget that, until they make you forget that.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 09-09-2017 at 12:51 PM.