Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pop-ups?

remsponge

pop-ups?

Off and on for the last few days I have been getting pop-up ads of an adult nature while logged onto the Lair.
    It has only happened while on this site, but even then only inconsistently.
    No other site is giving me this issue.
    Some of the ads are sufficiently risqué that I no longer visit this site if anyone else is around; I'd rather not have to prove that this is not a bad place!
    Has anyone else experienced this lately?
    "I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Tailgate Wizard
    I had that for a few months. and it actually hasnt happened the last few weeks. now that I think about it.

I have AdBlock Plus and Trafficlight add-ons installed, and both warn me that this site is a phishing attack site and I should proceed at my own risk. When you click on the login panel, it pops up to a phishing site.

I've had some issues too, Denny. Somehow my AdBlock Plus got removed so I re-installed it and that seems to have helped with the issue (no more since then).

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    it was there a good while, and it very recently returned. I've had the phishing site block before too. I know people are aware, I hope for y'all to hang in there. Otherwise we could adjourn, but regardless I value y'all diehards and would want to keep up with you.

Scion of House Gladney
    When I am viewing this on my phone I continually (to the point of ruining the site and I no longer use my phone here) get popups for winning something on Facebook. Sticking to PC now.

remsponge
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    I value y'all diehards and would want to keep up with you.
    Concur, even though I had to kill two pop ups to type this.
    "I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

remsponge
    Sorry folks, but I've been on a bit of a vacation from the Lair lately because I caught a real nasty virus here.

After doing some recovery and repair, I'm here briefly under the temporary protection of some serious antimalware stuff just to let you know that I'm not dead and will check back in later in the season hopefully after the nflfans.com people have had a chance to fix whatever is here.

Every click on this site is bringing up the warning signs.
    I hate that because I've enjoyed this place for so long.
    I'll be back, but not real soon.
    Have fun guys, I'll miss you for the time being.

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    FWIW, I got in without getting the Red Screen of Chrome death (on Chrome). I'm not against moving us elsewhere or coming up with some form of specific new option, if something like that does happen, I'd either tie it to, or announce it, on my crappy blog (thanks for suffering through a plea to read me, I guess?)

Hi , I switched from chrome to Firefox , it's free and added ADBLOCK+ , it's free also , and have had no problems since . Good Luck
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"