Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1'st play against 49'ers

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    it'd be interesting to try to find what the first play of the season was, in the Rivera era. Hmm. I might look into it.

So I did a thing - I rarely try to shove my work at people, but I wanted to make sure some people saw it.
    https://absolutepanthers.blogspot.co...ure-thing.html
    Tomorrow I'll have something more about the game ahead of us, but I hope this doesn't suck in the meantime.
    Usually top tier stuff, considering the information at your access. I just do not see a long ball early because the shoulder has not been game tested, and we do not want another 5-second drop and read. Cam will be eager to display what he has learned in the short passing game. I feel that we will be more like that moving forward. But the element of surprise is always an option.
    Nolledge is Pouer.

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    and it was a pitch.

I do think, speaking of that, the pitch and outside zone are going to go from never used to staples this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan4GS View Post
    Basically I just want something other than a run for Stewart up the middle for a 2 yard gain to start the season.
    Hate to say it, but I called it. First play was a two yard pitch to Stew.

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    my analysis suggested it'd be a run.

But it was a pitch, left, and with CMC also in the backfield. Trying to set up something.

Shula did not call a bad game, btw. He set up plays well. We need Samuel and Byrd to step up. Sheperd might be a keeper.
    Nolledge is Pouer.