• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...

Thread: Good Saints analysis

Head Coach Material

Good Saints analysis

Usually these guys are spot on and stay with just reporting but sometimes,...they'll offer an opinion which I guess is alright, if it's alright. It's a long article 'bout the aints and what I gleaned from this is a sense of urgency type thang for the 2017 Saints. Here's a couple things Dallas Robinson(who in heck would name they kid after a city?),...wrote.

Armed with another first-round pick as a result of the Brandin Cooks trade, New Orleans picked up Wisconsin tackle Ryan Ramczyk with the final selection of Day 1. Initially slated to act as a reserve during his rookie campaign, Ramczyk is now the Saints’ starting left tackle following an injury to Terron Armstead. It’s entirely possible that Armstead will miss most or all of the season with a torn labrum, so Ramczyk will need to be capable from Day 1. A contributor in both the pass and run game, Ramczyk boasts an “urgent quickness in reach blocks” and “smooth pass slides with hands that are always punch ready,” according to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...leans-saints-2

It's a long article with some good stuff if ya have the time.

It's danged great the Saints drafted the kid from Wisconsin. The media scoffed at the choice and guess what you idiots? If not for that pick the Saints would be a WURL of hurt on the O-line. And now the *opinion* offered by Mr. Robinson,...

While former Rams head coach Jeff Fisher has earned derision for constantly finishing with a 7-9 record, Sean Payton hasn’t done much better in recent years, as the Saints have posted three consecutive nine-loss campaigns. Sure, Payton has a Super Bowl title in his back pocket and a lifetime winning percentage of .588, but that NFL is a “What Have You Done For Me Lately?” league. With Drew Brees entering the final year of his contract, and the Saints defense consistently holding back the reset of the club, it’s entirely possible New Orleans submits to a rebuild if 2017 doesn’t go as planned.

Again, sense of urgency and it's not gonna be easy facing the Bucs, Panthers and Falcons 6 times. Maybe the Saints will enjoy more wins outside the NFC South against a weak NFC North and AFC East. ahem, just an opinion.

What's fascinating is the acquisition of the big time RB,...how will Peyton utilize a pure RB? I have a feeling we might see Sean go to a conservative attack, we'll see.
    Last edited by Penumbra; 08-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.