Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleveland ups the ante in the race for the bottom

They're already at rock bottom they won one game last year.

Cleveland has been so bad especially the past two years that I believe the ol' saying applies to them

There's only one way for them to go (in their case it ain't down).

They're not gonna be bad enough to get the top pick in 2018. Sashi Brown has that team headed in the right direction.

How could they not be heading up? They are flat our GENIUSES right? The smartest "genius" FO in the league right?

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    How could they not be heading up? They are flat our GENIUSES right? The smartest "genius" FO in the league right?
    What other adjective could one use to describe the moves Sashi Brown has made so far?

I haven't seen him play yet but I'm hearing/reading that Myles Garret is looking every bit as good as the hype so far. Gregg Williams is one of the best defensive minds in the game too he'll know how to use him properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    What other adjective could one use to describe the moves Sashi Brown has made so far?
    TBD?
    Incomplete?
    Tank?

Look, I'm being facetious because i also like what they are doing but here's the newsflash bro, none of it means diddly squat if they don't DRAFT WELL. It's all about drafting players. ALWAYS. Jimmy Johnson did not build the Cowboy's dynasty by trading Herschel Walker for a ransom of draft picks. He built the Cowboy's dynasty by NAILING the ACTUAL picks that he accumulated from the Walker trade.

if the Browns nail their picks they are poised to become great. if they are mediocre at picking these players then all these "genius" moves will not mean SQUAT. Giving away talent in exchange for picks is kind of easy. Successfully hitting on a high percentage of your draft picks is not. That is what separates the contender franchises from the pretender franchises.

So... let's just see how this "genius" FO drafts. OK?

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    TBD?
    Incomplete?
    Tank?

Look, I'm being facetious because i also like what they are doing but here's the newsflash bro, none of it means diddly squat if they don't DRAFT WELL. It's all about drafting players. ALWAYS. Jimmy Johnson did not build the Cowboy's dynasty by trading Herschel Walker for a ransom of draft picks. He built the Cowboy's dynasty by NAILING the ACTUAL picks that he accumulated from the Walker trade.

if the Browns nail their picks they are poised to become great. if they are mediocre at picking these players then all these "genius" moves will not mean SQUAT. Giving away talent in exchange for picks is kind of easy. Successfully hitting on a high percentage of your draft picks is not. That is what separates the contender franchises from the pretender franchises.

So... let's just see how this "genius" FO drafts. OK?
    There's more than one way to skin a cat.

If they trade for Andrew Luck in 2018 is it ALL about the draft?

How many times in NFL history does a team find a way to take control of another team's (almost) entire draft AND that team's top two picks the following year?! If that's not football genius thenn what is?

I can't envision a GM brilliant enough to make those moves, blowing most of those picks. I've read his words, I've seen his actions he knows what he's doing to me that much is clear.

Cleveland's rise to the top is close to inevitable in my mind. They're not banking on a winning Powerball ticket like the Jets are doing. They're relying on football genius.

Remember the name Sashi Brown he'll be a household name in a few years.
    Last edited by ganggreen76; 08-31-2017 at 08:07 PM.

First of all how well has Luck done in Indy? YES it is STILL all about the draft if they trade for Luck. You need 53 players and even Luck can't win without a quality team around him.

Secondly, please stfu about this ABAURD Luck trade. It's not happening. Cleveland is a million times more likely to trade up to 2 or 3 for a 2018 QB prospect.