Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shocking nobody - McCown named opening day starter.

$6 million

+

1 (Hackenberg stinks to high heaven)

Reasons why.

RIGHT?, JWilly!!

let me explain why you have no clue.

You think they are starting him because they paid him $6m? you think giving him $6m meant he was here to start?

Then why on Earth did they NOT LET HIM PRACTICE OR PLAY for 2 friggin weeks? he has played one series in the 1st PS game. He didn't take a snap in game 2 or 3, and BARELY took any practice snaps. But this is the guy they brought in to start and paid to start?

Think about how absurd that is. Nope. This went 100% exactly how I said it would. Hackenberg was given every possible opportunity to win this job. This was "Hack's job to lose" all the way. And as i said was a very real possiblity, he DID lose it.

name me one franchise EVER that CHOSE to not play, or practice their "planned" starting QB for 2 whole weeks and both PS games 2 and 3? name one. you can't. This doesn't happen. McCown was brought here as insurance in case hack was so horrible they just coudn't put him on the field. And that is what happened. hack has been too horrible to even consider putting on the field.

Why are you so dense?

Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    let me explain why you have no clue.

You think they are starting him because they paid him $6m? you think giving him $6m meant he was here to start?

Then why on Earth did they NOT LET HIM PRACTICE OR PLAY for 2 friggin weeks? he has played one series in the 1st PS game. He didn't take a snap in game 2 or 3, and BARELY took any practice snaps. But this is the guy they brought in to start and paid to start?

Think about how absurd that is. Nope. This went 100% exactly how I said it would. Hackenberg was given every possible opportunity to win this job. This was "Hack's job to lose" all the way. And as i said was a very real possiblity, he DID lose it.

name me one franchise EVER that CHOSE to not play, or practice their "planned" starting QB for 2 whole weeks and both PS games 2 and 3? name one. you can't. This doesn't happen. McCown was brought here as insurance in case hack was so horrible they just coudn't put him on the field. And that is what happened. hack has been too horrible to even consider putting on the field.

Why are you so dense?
    Um isn't that what I said when I said $6 million plus one reasons why?

There were so many reports last year about how bad Hackenberg looked in practice. Then he gets his 'shot' this year on a decimated football team.

We saw the results.

This decision is no surprise. Yes they gave Hackenberg every shot to win the job WHY WOULDN'T THEY WANT HIM TO WIN THE JOB? He's their 2016 second round pick DUH!!!

Th reality is it took McCown one series in preseason game 1 to all but clinch the starting job on this football team.

Don't worry though just like I predicted McCown would start week 1 I also predicted he'll lose the job at some point because that's what he does. He's a 2-20 AND COUNTIN' loser for a reason.

We'll see ALL the Jets QBs at some point this season and who knows maybe even some guys who aren't on the roster now (Osweiler?) thanks to this Casserly-MacCagnan eff up of a roster.

No. There was only 1 reason why and it was your plus 1. McCown was paid to NOT PLAY. The point is the $6m did not at any point have any bearing whatsoever on who was going to play QB. It was 100% Hack winning or losing the job. And he lost it. McCown by default. Just like Fitz by default in 2015.

Agreed. But on a different topic... your a college fan, you were the guy who watched Manziel like a hawk, what is YOUR take, at THIS POINT, on this QB class? Our real future (hopefully) starts this Saturday.