This is interesting. Commentary to follow,...

During Friday’s preseason game, Austin Davis outplayed*Trevone Boykin as the pair of Seahawks quarterbacks battled for the backup gig behind Russell Wilson. While Davis finished with a perfect quarterback rating, Boykin*went 0-for-6 while tossing an interception. Despite the clear disparity in their performance, coach Pete Carroll was adamant that the organization won’t be basing their final decision on one game.

"I really think that we were just out of sync so much for the first 10, 12 plays there that Boykin just couldn’t get rolling,” Carroll said (via Stefanie Loh of the Seattle Times). “It just felt like we were out of whack for a bit. Austin came right in we kind of fit together very nicely."

“Trevone has had a really good preseason so far. I don’t think five to six passes he threw in this game should be in the final decision. I think he’s done very well.”

hmmmm,...well, I checked the Seahawks message board(s) and those people are gushing over Davis' performance. And they be a battle for the backup job which makes the Hawks' last preseason game very interesting.

Austin Davis played with the Browns, then became a Hawk, his numbers are @ profootball. He doesn't have bad numbers for a career backup. Boykin has literally no stats as an NFL QB. And I have to admit, Davis being born in Ringgold, GA has something to do with this personally. He was a superb how scrool player.

This is an important decision cause Russell likes to run with the ball. And if ya think 'bout it, backup QB may be one of the more important positions for all teams. Look what happened to the Raiders last season.

Hope the game is televised here.