I LOVE guys like this guy, Dallas Robinson. He's an unknown haha like me, but this guy does actual work in his love for his work if that made sense. And he's like all over the NFL, not just certain teams like those idiots at espen. Well, he wrote up a preseason overview of the Falcons last night and it's pretty danged spot on boys. It's long, it's at profootballrumors BUT I'll post here the highlights of his piece. First the offense,...and this first excerpt was eye-opening, showing the NFL has gone away from using the fullback big time. The Falcons lost FB Patrick DiMarco to FA and,...

Patrick DiMarco, was one of the league’s most-deployed fullbacks, but he still played on less than a third of the Falcons’ offensive snaps.

Wow,...less than a third and he was one of the most deployed? Looks like the FB isn't, well,...we know the game has changed through the years. NFL offenses aren't the same today as they were in the 1980's(run oriented). Now to DeVonta Freeman,...

Since becoming a full-time starter in 2015, Freeman leads NFL running backs in approximate value (Pro Football Reference’s catch-all metric), and has reached 1,500 total yards and 13 total touchdowns in both campaigns. He’s now the league’s highest-paid running back on a multi-year deal (trailing only the franchise-tagged Le’Veon Bell), and his extension almost assuredly means fellow back Tevin Coleman will leave Atlanta when his contract expires following the 2018 season.

mmm,mmm,mmm this boy is reading message boards or he knows more than I think. Only Falcons fans have suggested Coleman won't be here much longer, in fact some suggest trading him, so there ya are. The writer missed the fact that every danged time Coleman touches the ball this year he's gonna do his dangdest to make them count? You FF types may wanna consider Coleman this season. And then there's the analysis of the offensive scheme.

Atlanta has an extremely defined offensive scheme and notable tendencies, such as their repeated use of play-action (27% of offensive plays, first in the NFL).

As we know, the Falcons have a new O-coor. His history is all in with the WCO with the intent to run the ball. Kyle Shanny said something last season that was brilliant,...he said as I paraphrase, "Ya gotta run the ball even when it's not working." If anyone has played the game or coached ya know ya gotta keep the defense honest and having them *expecting* the run sets up the play action. Now to defense. The writer did mention the deep secondary but focused on the outside rushers,...

Vic Beasley. While Beasley led the league with 15.5 sacks in 2016, he managed only 16 quarterback knockdowns, leading to a 96.9% sack-per-knockdown rate that ranks second-highest over the past five seasons, according to Bill Barnwell of ESPN.com.

Falcons need more help on the edge, especially given that they rarely blitz. Atlanta will have a new defensive coordinator in 2017, but last year it rushed only four defenders 74.7% of the time, third-most in the NFL, per the 2017 Football Outsiders Almanac.

Lemme repeat me self again. When Quinn was D-coor in Seattle the Hawks blitzed like hail, mainly the LBs, a fact. When Quinn became the Falcons defensive guru in 2015 the Falcons rarely blitzed and I was like, what the. He's not calling, he's not running the same defense that was in Seattle. I believe Pete Carroll had a hand in calling defenses and/or dictating the scheme. Proof that the Falcons are not the Seahawks South. Crap makes me sick when the espen types say that,...idiots. And how 'bout this?,...

The NFC South is possibly the NFL’s strongest division, as the Panthers, Saints, and Buccaneers all have legitimate postseason hopes in 2016. The Falcons are defending champions, however, and have as good a chance as any other club in the division to take the crown. While Atlanta’s offense could certainly regress towards the mean, the Falcons’ defense could take a step up under Dan Quinn & Co. Double-digit wins and a division title should be the immediate goal for Atlanta, with a Super Bowl appearance (and a win this time) ranking as the team’s ultimate aspiration. Dallas Robinson-nflrumors.com

POSSIBLY MY ASS. Well, well, been sayin' this all off season,...bastard might be reading my posts. It's happened before. But if so, I'm honored. Just wish I could be paid for my stuff.haha Nice work Mister Robinson.