Thread: More on Freeman's concussion

Head Coach Material

More on Freeman's concussion

Freeman missed Monday's practice. Yesterday the Falcons had the day off. And as of right now on Wednesday morn we've not heard what the crap if Freeman is really concussed? Well, this from atlantafalcons.com,...

Pro Bowl running back Devonta Freeman was seen leaving Sunday’s practice early. Afterward, coach Dan Quinn said, “(Freeman) had some heat stuff that he dealt with from the first practice and again today,” but he added that he had yet to see Freeman and would provide an update when he had more information. Following Monday’s practice, Quinn gave the update he had promised.

Yes, Quinn sorta updated but left questions, at least in my mind. This from Monday afternoon,...

“After taking him inside yesterday where we thought he had heat-related stuff,” Quinn said, “he reportedly had some concussion symptoms, so we put him in the protocol for that and he’ll be out this week. He may start practicing as we go, but we’ll rule him out now for the game as more of a precautionary note.”

Okay,...Freeman left practice on Saturday early. He leaves practice on Sunday for heat related stuff,...okay. And then he reportedly had some concussion symptoms? hmmmmm I am speculating here but sounds to me the team doctor decided he saw concussion related symptoms. Ya'll do know every team has a medical staff,...insurance purposes among other reasons. This just don't seem right for some reason. To place Freeman on the protocol is like a mark in yo book. It will be seen as a definite concussion in the league's view. And concussion protocol has ended careers and that's fine. I'm not diminishing the problems concussions pose just wondering why and how Freeman was showing those symptons.

Ya'll it's been hot here and not the usual heat this time of year. The highs hover 'round 90 but it's not that so much. When the Sun's out it's freaking oppressive. This area has been under a UV alert for weeks. Add 70% HUMIDITY? hahaha Boys I'm tellin' ya'll. A guy from Arizona was visiting a friend here last week and I met him. The boy was SUFFERING when we were outside. He said it gets up to 120 degrees where he's frum but he said this **** is ridiculous.haha Just sayin' maybe Freeman was showing signs of heat exhaustion instead of a concussed noggin. Just maybe sayin. But it's too late cause he's been placed on the NFL's concussion protocol. Not good either way.

I dunno but looks like the Falcons are trying to keep this out of the media's attention too. Ya know by not making a big deal out of it maybe. I tell ya'll what,...one more concussion and Freeman's career WILL be in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    Freeman missed Monday's practice... This just don't seem right for some reason... I tell ya'll what, one more concussion and Freeman's career WILL be in jeopardy.
    Both Fins backs were also under protocol, one after the other. As soon as J/A gets out of it K/D is in it. They take turns on the CP.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Both Fins backs were also under protocol, one after the other. As soon as J/A gets out of it K/D is in it. They take turns on the CP.
    Playing in that division against Pats, Bills and those thug Jets no wonder. Those 2 guys best not lower they head running through the line too.

Updating this subject,...Quinn came out yesterday and told the media Freeman's "problems" are not serious and he expects the RB to return to practice next week. May just say something here? BULLS***

I swear there's more damped strange thangs happnin' like in politics when these NFL entities will not provide the real truth. I will admit Quinn has learned from Pete Carrol how to deal with politics of the league. I guess that's a good thang but,...a guy becomes the highest paid RB in the Wurl and the next day has a concussion, reportedly. We know each team has a doctor and when that doctor reports anything 'bout SIGNS of a concussed player, it is league RULES dictating the team disclose that doctors' analysis. Cause the doctor will report to the league anyway so the head coach MUST mention it to the media. Still, to me, this is bs.

Has anyone ever seen a victim of heat related stuff? I have and just me, but the victim was incoherent, mumbling and well,...thinking back he looked and acted like he'd been hit in het with sumthing,...just me. Some people simply can't handle extreme heat as well as others. Now I ain't saying the doctor was wrong, it's just funny the way this whole thang was put out there. And then Quinn's like, pffffft no big deal, he'll be fine? hmmmm geeshus to lose Freeman would not be a good thing ya'll, even if for a few games.

Well NFL.com suppose to have a vid of the hit D/V took with some Colts defender. Thing is I never actually saw it cause these government computers load so slow, man it was on 5 minutes or more and I gave it up. Now a lot of aged NFL players like Jim Kiick of the Fins reportedly have brain issues even though they really didn't actually get concussions. Its just the cumulative affect of the hitting, or could be the rigors from Don Shula coaching that gives holes in your head/literally!

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Well NFL.com suppose to have a vid of the hit D/V took with some Colts defender. Thing is I never actually saw it cause these government computers load so slow, man it was on 5 minutes or more and I gave it up. Now a lot of aged NFL players like Jim Kiick of the Fins reportedly have brain issues even though they really didn't actually get concussions. Its just the cumulative affect of the hitting, or could be the rigors from Don Shula coaching that gives holes in your head/literally!
    Yes sir,...I know old men who played the game. One has neck problems another's knees are shot to all hail. So far in preseason the refs are antsy to flag any violent hit regardless even if it's not helmet-to-helmet. I figger that's gonna continue. Long gone are the days of the old Raiders safeties blasting receivers anymore.

Just guessing,...but I bet at least two thirds of concussions happen to offensive players, just a guess.

Head Coach Material
    So it's a definite concussion now,...Free will not play against the Jags in the final preseason game. Ya know,...this was reported happening in practice. ALL practices are recorded, and extensive coverage of the practice. So there had to be footage of the collision that caused the concussion.

Well at least Free can't be injured before opening Sunday in Chicargo.