Thread: Wentz tells Roseman he's not happy about Matthews trade

Wentz tells Roseman he's not happy about Matthews trade

theredzone.org

Carson Wentz said he made it clear to Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman that he wasn't happy about the team trading wide receiver Jordan Matthews, Martin Frank of the News Journal reports.

Wentz said Saturday that he wasn't informed about the trade until after it was made. But he was clearly shaken by it, saying that Matthews was "one of my best friends" and that trading Matthews to Buffalo on Friday was "tough personally."

"Obviously, he knew how I felt with Jordan being one of my best friends," Wentz said when asked what he told Roseman. "So on the personal side, it was tough. He knew that. He was prepared for that, and I told him that. But keeping business, business, thatís just part of this."

Wentz was among five players to take Matthews to dinner Friday night, just hours after the trade was made. The Eagles traded Matthews and a third-round draft pick in 2018 to the Bills in return for cornerback Ronald Darby.

After dinner, Wentz drove Matthews to the airport for his flight to Buffalo.

"This is my first time experiencing this with someone thatís one of my best friends," Wentz said. "Seeing him [Friday], it was tough on him too. It was kind of out of the blue. Thereís really no other way to put it. Itís just tough personally."

Jordan was a loyal soldier who gave everything he had , he wasn't elite but he was a warrior .

"E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_60 View Post
    Eagles traded Matthews and a third-rounder in 2018 to the Bills in return for cornerback Ronald Darby.
    Very next day Fins CB Tony Lippett tore Achilles. They could trade Eagles for Darby right now, then Eagles re-trade Matthews back from Bills and make money on it.

Nice try Gunder Matthews was expendable , they gave him a sendoff dinner .
    "E-A-G-L-E-S ... EAGLES!"