Thread: Panthers Pre-season Game 1

Panthers Pre-season Game 1

Vs. Houston.

Finally, back to some football.

remsponge
    With the second sting free safety and strong safety both gone without being replaced yet, I suspect that by the time DeShaun Watson takes the field the pass defense ought to make him look pretty good.
    "I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

remsponge
    There is a backup safety, #37 Dezmen Southward, who looked pretty good tonight, so I guess we have some depth there I wasn't aware of.

The starting defense looked awesome.
    The starting offensive line looked good enough.
    The skill position players looked promising.
    Palady and Butker have a slight edge in the kicking game.
    Kick and punt coverage teams looked better than they usually do at this time of year.
    Butler and Sunshine may have gotten hurt.
    "I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

remsponge
    McCray played safety in the second half and did very well, including as a blitzer.
    He's extremely fast and has a history on special teams, so he may finally be the needed DB to dump Teddy Williams.

Packers Moderator
    Southward was a 3rd rd pick for the Atlanta Falcons based mostly on combine numbers which were off the charts. He has the He was cut by both Atlanta and Indy. Sometimes it takes a few years for these players to put it together.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

remsponge
    https://www.catscratchreader.com/201...ut-performance

Moton played both RT and LG against the Texans and excelled at both. That provides some leverage going forward in contract negotiations with Norwell.

remsponge
    According to the Panthers-Texans game book, offensive linemen Dan France and Trai Turner each lined up for one play on defense.
    I understand France, a marginal player unlikely to make the cut, getting moved around to see what else he can do.
    But Turner? Confusing ...

remsponge
    From Mags' blog:

But I can find a picture of Stevie Wonder looking in the general direction of his watch - that doesn't mean he can see it.

Freaking hilarious!

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    it's funny, because both that comment and the Moton guy are the same guy.
    Absolutely love his content (he was on BBR there before it went under), but he gets off the reservation sometimes. He was scathing about undersized, under-strengthed Daeshon Hall's flaws and that's fine, I saw some rough stuff too. And I was very much a Jordan Willis guy instead. But the kid also had five pressures in his first game. There's some good there. There's some pop.

no idea what to make of the defense stats. Did either play against the kick?

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    https://www.catscratchreader.com/201...ut-performance

Moton played both RT and LG against the Texans and excelled at both. That provides some leverage going forward in contract negotiations with Norwell.
    Especially if Williams continues to look good at RT...
    Nolledge is Pouer.