Thread: Shanny JR responds to Matty's interview

Head Coach Material

Shanny JR responds to Matty's interview

Maybe we can get past this once and for all and focus on 2017. This from NFL.com about Kyle Shanny's response to what Matty Ice said last week 'bout play calling that cost the Falcons a Lombardi. First what Matty said to a reporter last week.

"Kyle's play calls -- he would take time to get stuff in," Ryan told*CBS Sports' Pete Prisco last week. "As I was getting it, you're looking at the clock and you're talking 16 seconds before it cuts out. You don't have a lot of time to say, 'There's 16 seconds, no, no, no, we're not going to do that.

AhhhHa,...THAT's what I attempted to explain. Matty does have the ability to change a play but on top of the time restraint no one saw the Falcons *formation* dictated the play call, ya know like having personnel in the game that couldn't make it feasible to change from a pass play to a run play which means it was impossible to change the play from pass to run unless a time out was taken. More Ryan,...

"With the way Kyle's system was set up, he took more time to call plays and we shift and motion a lot more than we did with [former coordinator] Dirk [Koetter]. You couldn't get out of stuff like that. We talk about being the most aggressive team in football. And I'm all for it. But there's also winning time. You're not being aggressive not running it there."

hahaha Dirk Koetter's system is a simple straight forward scheme named the Coryell Offense. Heavy run and vertical passing is his game and if ya'll wanna see it watch the Bucs this season. Anyway, again as I've said 'bout Shanny JR one billion times,...he is who he is. Of course he should've ran the ball but that's not HIM. In my most humble opinion, Shanny wanted to ummmm like place an exclamation mark on that game. Arrogance?,...perhaps. So Shanny responded to Matty's comments 'bout gettin' the play in quickly,...

"I can be honest, there's sometimes I do better than others. There are sometimes I don't do it as good. There's sometimes I do it real good."

Doesn't sound arrogant there do he?

Not only were the*Falcons*the best offense in the league last season, the high-flying unit was arguably one of the greatest offensive juggernauts in NFL history. Yet, with all of the impressive marks in scoring and yardage, Shanahan was also extremely proud of one particular aspect which highlighted the efficient communication between him and Ryan.

"I was really proud of those guys on offense, which is a lot of credit to Matt and the rest of the guys, that regardless when we did get it(the play call), in, two years straight without a delay of game and being the only team to even do that one year I think was a pretty impressive task," Shanahan said. "We did a good job of that as a whole."

Ain't sure but it sounds like Shanny has to think 'bout thangs for a few seconds longer which could be beneficial 99% of the time, ya know him being analytical. He's thinking of the next call *after* the previous play ends and he's assessing yards to go, personnel in the game,...and time.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvide...-delay-of-game

Thank you Kyle Shanahan. Good luck in San Francisco,...and some older Niners fans should know that the original Bill Walsh West Coast Offense has come home. Get Shanny some weapons and watch that offense shine boys.

I think you may be right. As Belly Cheeks figured out the offense and they'd been able to switch D depending on the formation, poor ole Matt Eyes couldn't reciprocate. So like I asked, why did Atlanta fire their Defensive Coordinator instead of the O/C... Remember Fire is the watchword in politics now, and The Falcons sure don't Tweet.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    I think you may be right. As Belly Cheeks figured out the offense and they'd been able to switch D depending on the formation, poor ole Matt Eyes couldn't reciprocate..
    Oh naw man,...it was the scheme. It was formation and personnel as stated. Belly did indeed find the right way to defend an offense ripping his asshole in the 1st half, fact. This ain't 'bout Belichick, it's about Shanny. Matt EYES could not reciprocate? Are you another Matt Ryan isn't an elite QB?

Yes, Falcons players have been instructed to avoid tweets and such soshal media. The D-coor was fired cause Quinn will immerse totally into defense. haha he has the damned offense out the ass. So he has drafted defense the last two drafts. The Falcons did not fire Shanny. He's a HC in San Fran.

This gonna be a great season. NFC South vs the AFC East. Always fun games when the Dolphins/Falcons meet

Naw? You all can blame Shenanigans Junior all you want but for me the SB wasn't the first time I'd seen Ice Man freeze.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    Naw? You all can blame Shenanigans Junior all you want but for me the SB wasn't the first time I'd seen Ice Man freeze.
    Maybe the INT on a 2point conversion attempt returned which cost the game against the Chiefs last year, but I haven't seen Matty freeze in a game. Pretty much it always a case of his supporting cast which could be blamed. And if you've been reading, I never ever blamed Shanny. Oh yeah lots of Falcons fans blamed Shanny,...the same ones who blamed Koetter, blamed Bill Musgrave as O-coors. Like these idiots could call a football game competently. I'm no expert so I let the experts do they job. Shanny's scheme, as stated, given weapons is the epitome of the original Bill Walsh offense. And we know how successful that was.

Time to move on. It'd be 2017. Shanny is gone so the next target for our beloved Falcons fans is Steve Tarkasian. if I spelled his name right. It just seems it don't matter if they resurrected Bill Walsh some fans would complain 'bout the play calling.