Thread: 'New breed' QB, days are over

Head Coach Material

'New breed' QB, days are over

[VIDEO]
    Eagles Fans Are Smart - YouTube
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJEfmQA9q4

By upthegut34* 16 sec* 282K views
    Jun 05, 2006* Eagles fans boo the selection of Donovan McNabb during the 1999 NFL Draft.

I'll never forget the 1999 NFL draft. There were 4 QBs taken and all of them were mobile types. Remember Daunte Culpepper? Akili Smith? The white guy McNown or something,...Donnie McNabb? Well,...espen did a 'lil thang 'bout these guys after the draft that '99 Summer. espen had all 4 guys shoulder to shoulder grinning and moving side to side like punks. Then he said it,...with a serious look on he fay, Donnie got serious when he said, and I quote,..."The days of da pocket passer are over."

If I correctly recall, my jaw dropped open. Okay, simple math. There's 32 teams and that means there be around 95 QBs on NFL rosters. So there won't be no mo pocket passers Donnie?hahaha idiot. But what shocked me was the racial aspect. The haha unbiased media who don't see color created a 'lil nick name for these guys,...sickening,...the New Breed Quarterback. No one can convince me this is not racially based. pfffft, new breed? Like a damn cow or something? Animal? Well anyway, Akili Smith was a 1st round bust(Bengals), the white guy was just not an NFL QB, Culpepper had success but eventually got his knee broke in two by a cheap shot from the Panthers safety(Gamble) while running down the field. And Donnie,...he got to a SB mane. And he puked. Do new breed QBs have weak constitutions?

We Falcons fans know aalllllllll 'bout a QB who can run like a cheetah,...ooops, no animal comparisons, that could be taken as rashist. But yeah, Vick was the epitome of the running QBs. He holds NFL records which may never be broken,...check it out fools I ain't wrong. Vick was drafted in 2001, 1st overall choice. Like a lightning bolt in his 2nd season he lit UP the NFL with his running ability. btw, back to NFL records,...one is fascinating. Vick owns the NFL record for a QB rushing yards in one game. Guess who owned that record for years?haha Billy Kilmer!

It was astounding the people in the NFL tribe who hated Vick. Vick never acted like Cam Newton, NEVER trash talked. But there were plenty of Vick worshipers who became Falcons fans just cause of Vick. And Vick was a Falcon so naturally I defended his style of QB play beginning in 2001. By 2005 Vick wasn't improving in his passing game so I began criticising his play cause his rushing numbers were going waaaay down. Apparently the new breed QB, when he loses his wheels, ain't worth a shit.

Reason I say all this is cause,...believe it or not, there are still so-called Falcons fans griping 'bout,...Matt Ryan? After years I've come to a definite conclusion that lots of folks are breathing, living in what's called an alternative universe.

But back to the new breed QB. Are there running QBs in 2017?,...you betcha. Cowboys, Bills, Seahawks(but getting old), maybe the Titans young guy, but he's white, NOT Jamius Winston. The former FSU star is a classic pocket passer and he's black omg!

It's fun to look back and make fun of these idiots. Useful idiots in fact for humor if nuthin' else.

The greatest QBs in the whole wide wurl have been pocket passers. Even Roger Staubach and Steve Young learned to be a pocket passer after being running QBs early on. It'll be interesting to see how the 2nd year QB,...Dak does this season. He's pretty much a clone of Donnie McNabb,...super arm, can run and is wanting attention.

So much for the new breed QB.

Tradition with a Kapital T

Ah a Crest in the Super Baird Tradition

The Baird (Scottish for Bird) Aficionado owns his own Pocket Watch and spends most his leisure time stooped over a Billiard table.

Most of the Scottish Bairds settled in Carolina, though they're probably all Falcons Fans by now.

Head Coach Material
    I love you man,...or woman,...it don't matter. I adore people who knows stuff. Likes of your kind makes others *think*

Maybe the hot weather getting to me. Y'all Birds of a flock stick together though. The Baird Clan (not to say Klan) didn't make it down to GA, probably SC did them in because they're natural Hillbillies. By intermarriages and all, Kentucky or Virginia got the most of them.

These are not Bairds but they showed up here anyway.

Head Coach Material
    A prophecy, attributed to Thomas the Rhymer, states that "There would be an eagle in the crags while there was a Baird in Auchmedden" When the estate passed out of the family at this time, the eagles disappeared from the rocks of Pennan, where they had nested for centuries.

Gryphon,...Griffin,...In old times a symbol of divine power and guardian of the divine

Thank you very mucho. Yes,...the lord made,...or dominus fecit. Not so sure the lord made the Falcons but Pete Rozelle surely did in 1965.

My goodness,...the Bairds were around in 1100, a family(or clan), that lasted for,...today. Who are you Gunder? Not just anyone knows 'bout these things. I am grateful in any case. Anytime someone shares things it's nice to me, especially things that inform or edumacate.

Yeah, this Baird guy saves a King from a boar, I think King William and the Bairds got they land back. The whole story wreaks of politics. King William was the Lion,...and the Bairds used this animal on they crest,...a Griffin, or Gryphon,...symbol of power and guardian of the divine, half bird of prey and half cat of prey.

Historians like you are GOLD. Being French and Scottie-Irish,...hmmm my name is similar to Baird,...wonder if I could take you to Scotland and negotiate my due inheritance. Thanks man.

Oh, and I bet some of those klan members are Panthers fans who hate Cam Newton.

Head Coach Material
    hahaha this is the injury which ruined RGIII's career,...him trying to run the damp ball instead of hanging in the pocket. This ain't college football boys. Sean Weatherspoon is bearing down on RG and blasts him before he hits the ground. PROOF the new breed QB is done.

Not A Falk

Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    hahaha this is the injury which ruined RGIII's career,...him trying to run the damp ball instead of hanging in the pocket. This ain't college football boys. Sean Weatherspoon is bearing down on RG and blasts him before he hits the ground. PROOF the new breed QB is done.

RGIII was a still classic QB name I'll always remember. Any chance he'll come back as a Falcon substitute?

Sure you may say he's not a native Falcon like Redman or that other guy you got starting now, but try him out. Falcons are not native to Atlanta either you know.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    RGIII was a still classic QB name I'll always remember. Any chance he'll come back as a Falcon substitute?

Sure you may say he's not a native Falcon like Redman or that other guy you got starting now, but try him out. Falcons are not native to Atlanta either you know.
    If Fernbank says so, it must be so. They are infallible experts, just like the experts running World affairs. Regardless, falcons are around Atlanta these days. Maybe not in the inner city but out here away from the concrete and asphalt believe there are falcons in Georgia. They tend to sit on power lines over fields watching for prey,...and yeah I seen them before. They are like small hawks, same build, same beak and are beautiful animals. Falcons are extremely private birds of prey. Like hahaha Falcons fans they tend to be congregational however. The species may not be indigenous to "Atlanta" but I can assure ya falcons be in rural GA.

RGIII,...poor boy,...he wasn't worth a shit to begin with. Then he lost his blonde wife,...man that had to hurt but,...he still has a few millions to play with until he spends it up. He can still get him another blonde. As a backup Robert Griffith the third would command a huge contract for a 3rd stringer, emergency QB. pfffft maybe the Bills,...maybe the Dolphins even but no. The Falcons are done with the new breed QB thank the LAWD!!!!!AFREAKINGMEN!