Thread: DQ and TD on the NFLN

Head Coach Material

DQ and TD on the NFLN

Commentary to follow,...

Dan Quinn, Thomas Dimitroff explain*‘Embrace the suck’ on NFL Network

In*a joint appearance on NFL Network’s*“Good Morning Football” on Wednesday, Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff discussed moving on from the Super Bowl and where the Falcons’ new mantra*“Embrace the suck” comes from.

"Some people think the 'embrace the suck' mantra was formed this year was it's not. It came from last year and honestly it's about having a warrior's mindset and knowing that you're going to have some adversity,” Dan Quinn said.

Quinn also said part of the strategy in moving past the Super Bowl collapse was focusing on the NFC South and being successful in the Falcons’ division before anything else. “Our division is a beast,” Quinn said. “If you look past that, you're going to be in a world of hurt because the team that comes out of our division is going to be well-equipped, if in battle tested, they've been hardened and so that's where our focus is every year."

yessss, Yes, YES!+ After Quinn's rookie year in 2015 peeps was saying Quinn ignored divisional games, or something like that. Like he didn't place enough emphasis on those games. Well, the Falcons had a horrible divisional record so it was considered a possibilty. Now?,...apparently Quinn realizes going 10-6 or even 9-7 and winning the NFC South division ain't that bad a thang.

Peeps don't realize, all ya'll NFC North/AFC East types, how talented and stocked all four teams are in the NFC South. As a Falcons fan the Buccaneers scare the crap outta me and should all they opponents. The Panthers are the Panthers and the weakest link is the Saints although the Brees/Payton combo is always potent and scary.

Ever notice T/D above, looks like Leon Trotsky?

Thomas Dimitroff

Trotsky
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 05-24-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Head Coach Material
    and Arthur Blank,...

IS the Burger King.

[img]http://media.nbcmiami.com/images/1200*900/burger-king-beer-3.jpg[/img]

damn won't allow images of characters like the burger king or Ronald McDonald. Next time ya see the Burger King, it's Arthur or his twin brother with a beard.
    Last edited by Penumbra; 05-25-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Head Coach Material
    Sorry for the pic that wouldn't work,...maybe this'll be better,...

and maybe this,...

digging for gold?

Trotsky,...lived to 60 had 2 wives, 3 sons and 2 daughters. He was assassinated at an old age. Wasn't he the founder of the Red Army I believe? A Petrograd Soviet I recall. Interesting,...maybe Dimitroff has some of those genes. He looks like a man-bird to me.

and you mentioned rugby in the thread 'bout Aussie football,...

Head Coach Material
    Rugby *star*

Speaking of rugby, the Falcons signed 6'4" 231 lbs Alex Gray from England.

Apparently he's a *star* in the league over there. At another site I watched a video of his highlights and he's a HORSE and a fast horsie to boot. Problem is there's two Falcons TEs whom are locks to make the roster and the Falcons drafted a TE in the 5th round last month. BUT,...I'm a thinkin' the Falcons offense will be a runnin' the ball more than last season so it's feasible they'll have 4 TEs on the roster.

ALEX GRAY, Tight End (UK), Age: 26 – Atlanta Falcons
    Born and raised in Bishop Auckland, England, Gray captained England's rugby teams at Under-16, Under-18, Under-20 and International Sevens levels and played for Newcastle Falcons and London Irish. He was named in the original extended Great Britain Sevens squad for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, before suffering an injury. He signed for Yorkshire Carnegie for the 2016-17 rugby season and recently decided to convert to American football.

"I have been working hard for this goal and to be told it was going to happen was an amazing moment," he said. "This is the start of another journey. It is a fantastic thing that is happening, but I am not going to get to where I want to be without keeping myself grounded. Making the decision to give this my all from rugby, there was a big transition period and it was mentally very humbling. When you have to start from scratch again, that was a huge mental battle for me. When I look back I will be very proud of the way I approached this."
    Last edited by Penumbra; 05-25-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Additional