Thread: Aussie Football mate?

Head Coach Material

Aussie Football mate?

Back when espen televised the Canadian Football League, British cricket and other sports from around the wurl,...back when espen was juuuuuust getting started on cable before satellite dishes, they televised Australian Rules Football. That was way back in like, the late 1980's. And it was fun to watch those crazy fools out there playing on an oval shaped field,...

Wearing no pads the object of the game is to score by kicking the ball thru these goal posts.

But it's not so easy when opponents are hangin' all over ya,...

Ahhhhh, the good ole days when espen was actually interested in sports, not just the *Big Five* sports in Amurica hongry for money,...back when it was fun to watch sports from 'round the Wurl.haha Cricket?,...my goodness it's fascinating but it's a bit too *dry* for me. But Aussie football? It's a brutal game, highlights to come.

Head Coach Material
    The game is indeed exciting. Ball flying 'round, guys leaping fighting for possesion,...

What's great 'bout this game is ya don't need to know all the rules, the play itself is eye-opening,...

hahaha and the NFL thinks they can play dirty?

There was a Aussie, can't remember his name, who played in the NFL for some time,...of course a kicker, maybe a punter can't recall. Hey Falcons,...they just might be a guy ya'll might wanna look at.haha Send a scout to Australia and I promise there's at least a few guys who can kick a football a long, long ways.

What happened to playing Rugby? When I was in Miami (Jim Kelly & Speedy Neal were playing then) peeps would be asking me about joining a Rugby squad, though that was a few years before televised Australian Football. The U.S. team is called the Eagles. In November 2015, the Professional Rugby Organization (PRO Rugby,) announced a professional rugby championship. Five teams: San Francisco; Sacramento; San Diego; Denver; Ohio, play at medium-size venues, with a 10-match schedule from April into July. A new League is starting though.
    Last edited by Gundermerikan; 05-11-2017 at 04:29 PM.