Thread: The worst mock draft out there..

The worst mock draft out there..

Here is the worst I have seen so far:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/0...nd-mock-draft/

remsponge
    It's not what I'm hoping for, but I am used to Panthers drafts looking nothing at all like my expectations.

If each of those players turned out to be as good as advertised, it wouldn't be so bad.
    Consider:

You'd have a 1st round WR who could start outside opposite Benjamin or in the slot this year;
    a 2nd round DE who will start next year when Peppers and Johnson might both be gone and could rotate in this year as a speed rusher;
    a 2nd round CB who will push our RCB this year, provide depth at all three CB spots, and possibly start next year if Munnerlyn ends up as a 1 year rental;
    a 3rd round RB who will rotate with Stewart this year and could eventually replace him;
    a 4th round OT who will be the swing tackle backing up LT and RT this year with the potential to replace Kalil eventually;
    a 5th round 3 DT who has the athleticism to play special teams, the height to block kicks, and who can be insurance against the loss of a DT in free agency next year;
    a 6th round backup SS who can play special teams;
    and a 7th round TE to back up our top two who aren't getting any younger.

Other than the first round, it would be a draft focused on providing depth this year and replacements for aging players next year.
    That reflects a philosophy of using free agency for band-aids and the draft for long term construction of a team.
    "I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Lord Of The Onion Rings
    Not dying for a CB but could use depth. Taco's great value. Ross fits, isn't worse value than McCaffrey or where Fournette really should be.