Thread: woo hoo we be #2

Head Coach Material

woo hoo we be #2

Yay!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!! Yesss!,...ummm yawn.

The experts have come out wid dey pre-draft haha power rankings. Patriots are #1,...Falcons #2,...how imaginative?

Sure, it's the off season and these guys have a job so fine, no problem. But as we know they continue aallll thru the season with the rankings and of course the rankings change as the season goes on. I suppose that's designed to conceal how WRONG these early rankings are every pre season into training camp.

A 'lil story,...it was before the 1998 NFL season and the experts came out wid the power ranks. The season before the Falcons went 7-9 starting a 7th round draft pick at RB, an old crusty QB and a patchwork defense with lots of veterans,...and a head coach many said the game had passed him by. ummmm,...so before the '98 season they ranked the Falcons at #30 one of the weakest teams in they minds, in the league. Well, the Falcons went 14-2 and appeared in SB 33.

Same thang happened last year. The experts' early power rankings had the Falcons anywhere from #18 to #24. The Falcons power ranks didn't start goin' up until just before the playoffs. Ya see,...the media was ALLLLLLLL sayin' the Falcons would collapse in December. Marshall Faulk was most vocal 'bout that which shows he's either biased or an idiot.

So in essence power rankings are a waste of time.

Two things,...people don't realize the Falcons exposed weaknesses of the Patriots in SB 51. And they're(Patriots) not getting any younger, although Brady said recently he wants to play 8 more years. We'll see how that goes. History shows way old QBs can be embarrassed. Secondly, the writer did acknowledge the talent level the Falcons possess. That's undeniable cause this 2017 Falcons roster is more talented than any other in the league. Hey, I sound like a homey there. But I don't say it lightly know why?,...cause it's the damn truth.

I thought Falcons should be No. 1. Pats only stand in for big games. In average games your offensive strength is more important. If the AFC East plays the NFC South this season in a rematch the Falcons won already.

Head Coach Material
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundermerikan View Post
    I thought Falcons should be No. 1. Pats only stand in for big games. In average games your offensive strength is more important. If the AFC East plays the NFC South this season in a rematch the Falcons won already.
    You mean those Falcons? Those degenerates? Those unworthy of our attention, nor sympathy? That lil ole team in magnolia tree-land? pffft.

Well you'll get your wish bruh,...but also keep in mind the NFC South faces yo team too! ;) I'm promising everyone the Bucs, Saints and those damned Panthers will be tough for the AFC East and the NFC North. You forget, or maybe I haven't posted it in a long time or something. I am an NFC type. Lawd knows I wanted the Panthers to win SB 50,...BUT! My time in St.Pete caused a place in my heart for the Dolphins.

Hey, just had a thought,...maybe we'll see the Dolphins and Falcons play in SB LII,...who the hell knows anymore? Now back to our program,...That's undeniable cause this 2017 Falcons roster is more talented than any other in the league. Hey, I sound like a homey there. But I don't say it lightly know why?,...cause it's the damn truth.

and now espen the very next dayyyyyy,...This might shock even an optimistic Falcons fan, but one evaluator said he thought Atlanta now possessed the NFL's best roster. damned plagiaral read my posts, grrrrr. "one evaluator",...of what fool? Anyone got freaking eyes? Well,...apparently some do. Good to know there's good folks out there Gundy, as they call you in the Jets addict.

hey I found your pic,...