• Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0
     
  • Notice: N/A
    NFLfans processing...
 
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: My early 2017 draft thoughts.... Anyone still use this site?

  1. #1
    Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,073

    My early 2017 draft thoughts.... Anyone still use this site?

    Not sure if anyone actually uses this message board anymore, but here it goes....

    My first run at the 2017 draft after the first wave of free agency.

    2) RB Joe Mixon I don't like him off the field, but he is a top 10 talent on the field. Because of all the other quality options at RB that could go in the first round this year he could possibly fall to us in the second round because of the off the field concerns. As far as I can tell he has managed to keep his nose clean since that horrific incident in 2014. Maybe he has grown up and matured some since then. With the rookie cap on contracts taking a gamble on him in the second round isn't a huge financial risk/investment. So if he is there in the second round I say go ahead at take the gamble on him.

    3) WR Chris Godwin

    3) DT Vincent Taylor

    4) S Josh Jones

    5) OT Jararious Leamon

    6) WR Josh Malone

    7) OLB Brooks Ellis

    Not a lot of research here. Just kind of thrown together.

    Let me know what you think? That is if anyone actually reads it lol
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Head Coach Material
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Corner Stone
    Posts
    8,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter80 View Post
    Not sure if anyone actually uses this message board anymore, but here it goes....

    My first run at the 2017 draft after the first wave of free agency.

    2) RB Joe Mixon I don't like him off the field, but he is a top 10 talent on the field. Because of all the other quality options at RB that could go in the first round this year he could possibly fall to us in the second round because of the off the field concerns. As far as I can tell he has managed to keep his nose clean since that horrific incident in 2014. Maybe he has grown up and matured some since then. With the rookie cap on contracts taking a gamble on him in the second round isn't a huge financial risk/investment. So if he is there in the second round I say go ahead at take the gamble on him.

    3) WR Chris Godwin

    3) DT Vincent Taylor

    4) S Josh Jones

    5) OT Jararious Leamon

    6) WR Josh Malone

    7) OLB Brooks Ellis

    Not a lot of research here. Just kind of thrown together.

    Let me know what you think? That is if anyone actually reads it lol
    heeeyyyy,...nice to see someone posting. Just a quick look at the players you listed to be possibly drafted, well more so the positions on offense and defense, it appears to me the Vikings roster is strong. The players you listed in the draft range from linemen to LBs to WRs.

    8-8 after losing the starting QB before the season is, to me, impressive.

    And imo the Packers will be fortunate to reach 9-7 next season.

    Looks like we don't have many posters here anymore. Such a shame cause it could be a gold mine.

  3. #3
    Celebrating in the 1st Deck
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,073
    I went with Joe Mixon with our 2nd round pick just because I think he is a steal there. Top 10 maybe even top 5 pick if it wasn't for the character concerns.

    Offensive line was the Vikings biggest problem last season. We signed 2 OT in free agency which takes off some of the pressure to address it in the draft, we should still draft at least one OL player in the mid rounds with upside sleep potential. Need depth.

    Diggs and Thielen have done a respectable job at WR for us, but I'm concerned about the depth. Treadwell did little to impress and win confidence in his rookie season. We lost C Johnson and C Patterson as free agents. I think WR is definitely a position that needs to be addressed for depth. I think Godwin has a lot of potential to be a WR sleeper in this draft. I added Malone later in the draft based on size and speed. Could add depth and possibly help fill the void in the return game.

    As for LBs Barr and Kendricks are great, but with the retirement of Chad Greenway and the loss of Audie Cole we need depth and competition for that 3rd LB spot.

    They also seems to be a lot of concern over DT S Floyd so I drafted a DT for depth and insurance
    All he does is catch TOUCHDOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Packers Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
    heeeyyyy,...nice to see someone posting. Just a quick look at the players you listed to be possibly drafted, well more so the positions on offense and defense, it appears to me the Vikings roster is strong. The players you listed in the draft range from linemen to LBs to WRs.

    8-8 after losing the starting QB before the season is, to me, impressive.

    And imo the Packers will be fortunate to reach 9-7 next season.

    Looks like we don't have many posters here anymore. Such a shame cause it could be a gold mine.
    Hey, don't bury us yet. It's next man up and most of the guys who left, left because they couldn't start here. Lang was a loss but I believe Spriggs will be fine there. Our O-line coach is exceptional at developing talent.
    Last edited by packfan1; 03-24-2017 at 11:36 PM.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

  5. #5
    Packers Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter80 View Post
    I went with Joe Mixon with our 2nd round pick just because I think he is a steal there. Top 10 maybe even top 5 pick if it wasn't for the character concerns.

    Offensive line was the Vikings biggest problem last season. We signed 2 OT in free agency which takes off some of the pressure to address it in the draft, we should still draft at least one OL player in the mid rounds with upside sleep potential. Need depth.

    Diggs and Thielen have done a respectable job at WR for us, but I'm concerned about the depth. Treadwell did little to impress and win confidence in his rookie season. We lost C Johnson and C Patterson as free agents. I think WR is definitely a position that needs to be addressed for depth. I think Godwin has a lot of potential to be a WR sleeper in this draft. I added Malone later in the draft based on size and speed. Could add depth and possibly help fill the void in the return game.

    As for LBs Barr and Kendricks are great, but with the retirement of Chad Greenway and the loss of Audie Cole we need depth and competition for that 3rd LB spot.

    They also seems to be a lot of concern over DT S Floyd so I drafted a DT for depth and insurance
    Not really familiar with most of your choices. I think Dixon will drop much farther simply because there's a tape of the incident which will be played on the local news any place he is drafted. I also don't see him as a top 10 pick. With Murray added, I think you'll be set there. A lot will depend on who falls to you but if you get a shot at someone who can replace Robison, that's the direction you should go. Your needs look like the lines and will linebacker. WR looks set with Treadwell, Diggs and Thelien. I would say DE, G, DT, WLB. It's a weak draft for tackles so maybe next year there.
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion

  6. #6
    I am working on a list of team needs, if you have some input for Minny, let me know please.
    NFLfans 2006, 2010 Fantasy Football Champion


    Got ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO