Thread: 2 great Falcon QBs

Head Coach Material

2 great Falcon QBs

It's a pleasure to see strong consensus amongst Falcons fans. We're a little tired of hearing Matthew Ryan is overpaid, sick and tired of those idiots at espnee and thenflnee say Matty ain't no "elite QB" type crap. The idiots were touting a rookie QB for 2016 NFL MVP? Some mediats voted for a rookie RB! The general media in this country was laughed at by Europe and Asia and the East for years. Now American citizens are laughing at the pompous buffoons.

Every negative has been said 'bout Matty for years. I'll never forget when the Falcons drafted him #3 overall in 2008. I was elated but all we heard from the media was, "he's gonna get shell-shocked" bulls***. And I mean from multiple talking heads,...it was like a mantra. Funny a guy named Joe Flacco started as a rookie too in Baltimore but nuthin' was said 'bout he gettin' shell-shocked,...hmmmm. Matty was 2008 Rookie of the Year, remember?

As recent as 2014 the media suggested Matty's arm strength appeared weakening. Some idiot Falcons fans fell for the lie. It just so happens in 2014 and 2015 the Falcons O-line was so awful it forced the Falcons passing game to be dink, dink, dink cause Matty simply had no time to throw the ball. Then he still passed for over 4,500 yds. hahaha btw, Matt Ryan has passed over 4,000 yds for SIX straight seasons. The last 5 seasons he's passed for over 4,500 yds. He came within 54 yds last season to hit the 5,000 yds mark. Arm strength? Shell-shocked?

My goodness,...Matty passes for 4,500 yds in 2015 and even Falcons fans were suggesting, gawd I can't believe it,...said they would trade Matty??? It's scary cause these people may be able to vote or drive a car. Fact is these people have been spoiled. They forget the 50% Mike Vick completion ratio. And that may be it,...these Matty haters must be Vick fans,...well, Vick is gone idiots.

Matty holds every single franchise passing record, a fact. And we haven't seen a QB like this guy since waaaaay back in the 80's,...

ahhhhh,...look at that throwing motion. It was rumored Steve Bartkowski could lay on his back and throw the football 100 yds,...yep remember that when I was a kid. The three strongest arms I've EVER seen are Bart's, Vick's and John Elway's cannon(add Brett Favre when he was younger). In 11 years Bart passed for just over 24,000 yds as a Falcon,...he had over 600 yds in a short stint with the LA Rams. In 9 years Matty has passed for 37,701 yds and if remains healthy will easily top 40,000 yds passing which is a huge NFL benchmark. Goodness, if Bart played in the pass happy NFL of today, whew. But it was a different game back then,...

Bart, the Iowa boy who played college in California,...1st overall pick 1975, was a great, great Atlanta Falcon and NFL QB. He never saw the respect and still doesn't. Dunno if cause he's a Falcon but those of us who saw the guy live,...amazing deep accuracy on throws. Poor boy didn't play on very good teams is all.

I'm tellin' some of ya'll Falcons fans, ya'll got it good with Matty and juuuuust wait til he gets old, or can't play for some reason and you'll be wishing he was back with his career 65% pass completions and his 95 QB rating. Note the difference in release between Bart and Matty,...2016 NFL Most Valuable Player.

Bartkowski's replacement was Moroski, so y'all had a nice pair of Polish QB's. Pole Jokes were still being exchanged back then, but the biggest joke was when the Pats drafted Heisman winner Plunkett, who summarily stunk for his whole entire time at N.E. Then when he went to Oakland the guy won two Super Bowls! What that tells me about N.E. is they're terrible for much of the last century, up until Brady and Bi Be took over that is.

They sure do write all about the QB when the true characteristics are about the team, or the coaching is what really matters.

Head Coach Material
    I dunno,...quite right the *team* is what it's all about but too that *team* requires a general at QB. Since 1990 it took great QBs like Warner, Aikman, Favre, Elway, both Mannings, Rothlisberger, Brees to help win a SB. The exceptions could be Russell Wilson and Trent Dilfer and maybe Joe Flacco as they depended on the defense primarily to dictate the game. All 3 of those SB winning QBs had awesome defenses. Those three cases no doubt, it was allll team with them. If the Falcons defense didn't back off with 23 minutes left in that game earlier this month?

25-3,...lost the game,...not just any game.

shit can't believe I've the nerve to even post as a Falcons fan. Maybe I'll become a troll,...buy a new computer, add another IP and make a new identity. It do make one wonder why bother. Everyone hates your guts and your favorite team to boot.

oh well,...hey baby lookin' good

The QB from Tampa Bay before they changed outfits was from Grambling, he played in one game hours after having a root canal: Doug Williams had the strongest arm around back then. That was before they went with Steve's DeBerg and Young, before Vinny. After six-seven years of general suck-age the guy gets traded to the Skins and wins the SB. Hey!