Thread: Darrelle Revis could be willing to take pay cut

Darrelle Revis could be willing to take pay cut

Darrelle Revis could be willing to take pay cut

Darrelle Revis hinted that he'd be willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Jets.

Interacting with fans on Instagram, Revis admitted he no longer deserves to be paid like a top-10 cornerback. Now facing multiple charges for his alleged role in a Pittsburgh brawl earlier this month, the Jets may decide to simply move on, no matter how big of a pay cut he's willing to take. Wherever he plays next, there's a good chance Revis will have to convert to safety after looking completely overmatched at cornerback last season.

Source: ESPN.com
    "On to 2017"

I think Revis knows he is out the door and this is simply public relations to smooth over his image as a $$$ grabbing mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    I think Revis knows he is out the door and this is simply public relations to smooth over his image as a $$$ grabbing mercenary.
    Completely agree SOF!

This guy flat out quit on the team last year & everyone in that locker room knows it. To bring him back would be cancerous to the team.
    "On to 2017"

I'm reading the Jets have to wait to 3/9 to cut Revis for minimum cap damage, so that explains why he is still a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    I'm reading the Jets have to wait to 3/9 to cut Revis for minimum cap damage, so that explains why he is still a Jet.
    My understanding is different SOF.

They have to cut him before 3/10 to avoid a $2 mil roster bonus. (That doesn't have anything to do with your point, but I just wanted to throw that fact in.

But nothing I have seen from my "bible" on the cap - OTC.com - suggests that a 3/9 date means anything other than avoiding that bonus. They can cut him anytime as I understand the rules & designate him as a post 6/1 cut to maximize cap savings this year. That does kick some cap hit into 2018. I don't see that as an issue though as they have a ton of cap room next year.
    "On to 2017"

He "could be willing" to take a pay cut eh?

As if he really has any choice.

Oh we know a paycut is comin' it's INEVITABLE the only questions are when? how much? which team?

I wouldn't give this guy the $1 million Dimitri Paterson got. Let him go.

I'd love to see him hit the open market just to get a idea what the league thinks he's worth in 2017.

Let him hit the open market.

I'll take a guess that once he sees the offers he gets on the open market he'll decide to retire.

Thanks for the info Ret. Maybe Jets are waiting to see if any of his money could be voided due to his arrest.

Assistant Coach
    If they intend to bring in new blood then Revis must go!