Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cimini: Jets haven't 'given up' on Geno Smith

  1. #1
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952

    Cimini: Jets haven't 'given up' on Geno Smith

    Cimini: Jets haven't 'given up' on Geno Smith

    ESPN's Rich Cimini doesn't think the Jets have given up on impending free agent Geno Smith.

    While Cimini agrees that Smith could probably benefit from a change of scenery, he also points out that it wouldn't cost much to retain him. Smith hinted at a return to New York with a cryptic tweet earlier this week: "Don't act surprised... that's all I'm going to say!" Smith could be agreeable to a one-year, prove-it deal, though the Jets may have reservations following surgery to repair a torn ACL. That could sideline Smith until September or October
    "On to 2017"

  2. #2
    The Jets could sign Geno because he might be cheaper than the other vet QB options, played 2 seasons in the WCO, and wouldn't stop the development of the other 2 young QB's on the roster. Also, it seems to me that Todd Bowles prefers veteran players to younger players. He might default to any vet QB the Jets signed but Geno would probably be the only case where that wouldn't be true.

  3. #3
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    The Jets could sign Geno because he might be cheaper than the other vet QB options, played 2 seasons in the WCO, and wouldn't stop the development of the other 2 young QB's on the roster. Also, it seems to me that Todd Bowles prefers veteran players to younger players. He might default to any vet QB the Jets signed but Geno would probably be the only case where that wouldn't be true.
    I can't even imagine the reaction from a large % of the fan base if Geno was resigned.

    I've been thinking all along that there was no way Geno would sign with the Jets, but I failed to take into account his injury. The injury will almost certainly hurt his value on the open market & I have to say I agree with Cimini that a 1 year "prove it" deal might be good for both party's.
    "On to 2017"

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ret2ski View Post
    I can't even imagine the reaction from a large % of the fan base if Geno was resigned.

    I've been thinking all along that there was no way Geno would sign with the Jets, but I failed to take into account his injury. The injury will almost certainly hurt his value on the open market & I have to say I agree with Cimini that a 1 year "prove it" deal might be good for both party's.
    it would also save us some money.we could upgrade our secondary and ol in free agency.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    You mean the Jets are actually considering bringing back Geno instead of Fitz

    Its pretty clear: Geno > Fitz

  7. #7
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMan57 View Post
    You mean the Jets are actually considering bringing back Geno instead of Fitz

    Its pretty clear: Geno > Fitz
    I've been dismissing any chance of Geno returning because I didn't think there was the chance of a snowball in hell that he would want to return.

    But his "don't be surprised" quote in the original post in this thread gives me pause.
    "On to 2017"

  8. #8
    I read that.

    He gives no reason at all for saying it. There's nothing to it.

    If it does happen it's just the latest example of the Jets doing things half@ssed.

    So they get rid of Mangold, Breno who's next? yet keep Forte, Revis and Geno?!

    Gimme a frickin break that's not a rebuild that's building the ********* most unlikeable team possible. I'm not a fan of any of those guys I WANT THEM OFF THE TEAM!!!


  9. #9
    Jets Moderator ret2ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast, Fl.
    Posts
    35,952
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post
    I read that.

    He gives no reason at all for saying it. There's nothing to it.

    If it does happen it's just the latest example of the Jets doing things half@ssed.

    So they get rid of Mangold, Breno who's next? yet keep Forte, Revis and Geno?!

    Gimme a frickin break that's not a rebuild that's building the ********* most unlikeable team possible. I'm not a fan of any of those guys I WANT THEM OFF THE TEAM!!!

    I'm invoking the ggtonti rule here. If he doesn't want it or doesn't want it, then doing the opposite must be the right thing!

    See the "general" for proof!
    Last edited by ret2ski; 02-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    "On to 2017"

  10. #10
    Geno, you can go to New England.

    I already dislike you on the plus side if you actually have to play in a game ...

    I HOPE IT'S AGAINST US!!!!

    Last edited by ganggreen76; 02-26-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO