Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hams first 2017 Mock Draft (Vol. 1)

Hams first 2017 Mock Draft (Vol. 1)

1. BROWNS - Myles Garrett, ER, Texas A&M
    2. 49ERS - Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC
    3. BEARS - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
    4. JAGUARS - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
    5. TITANS - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
    6. JETS - Solomon Thomas, ER, Stanford
    7. CHARGERS - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
    8. PANTHERS - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
    9. BENGALS - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    10. BILLS - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
    11. SAINTS - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
    12. BROWNS - Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
    13. CARDINALS - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
    14. COLTS - Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    15. EAGLES - Corey Davis, WR, W. Michigan
    16. RAVENS - Taco Charlton, ER, Michigan
    17. REDSKINS - Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
    18. TITANS - Derek Barnett, ER, Tennessee
    19. BUCS - Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford
    20. BRONCOS - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
    21. LIONS - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    22. DOLPHINS - Takkarist McKinley, ER, UCLA
    23. GIANTS - DeMarcus Walker, DL, FSU
    24. RAIDERS - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
    25. TEXANS - Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
    26. SEAHAWKS - Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida
    27. CHIEFS - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
    28. COWBOYS - John Ross, WR, Washington
    29. PACKERS - Tim Williams, ER, Alabama
    30. STEELERS - Haason Reddick, ER, Temple
    31. FALCONS - Charles Harris, ER, Missouri
    32. PATRIOTS - Carl Lawson, ER, Auburn
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 02-25-2017 at 08:30 PM.

is solomon thomas a legit edge rusher? from what i read about him he is more of an inside and outside jack of all trades DL.......

Ham great effort dude. I have one cooking as well.

Reactions:

-I like Trubisky at 2. He won't be there for the Jets.

-I'm not a buyer on Allen top 5 because he's a good not great DT prospect. He's not Suh or Gerald McCoy. Maybe he slips out of the top 5.

-Lattimore better run a sub 4.3 like Deion Sanders if he wants to go that high. Like he runs it and keeps going out the back of the building. I don't see him as a Patrick Peterson level prospect but am willing to keep an open mind based on workouts.

-Solomon Thomas to the Jets is interesting, I don't want to bash it but it's possible his value is overrated by the internet. Some pass rusher will rise, it could be Thomas. I prefer Taco but these are all dudes who will have to workout like a beast to go high. Am keeping an open mind on the DE's but I do agree that could very well be the pick. The ideal Mac draft would be if Myles Garrett suffers a Laremy Tunsil type of moment.

-Ramcyzk in the top 10 is interesting and to take it a step further, if he goes 8 why not 6?

-Hookers' injuries are somewhat scary for a non premium position to go top 10.

by the time it's all said and done Watson will be a top 10 player.

Thanks for the feedback, bit, good stuff.

First, what do you think about Jimmy's question which is a good one?

I wasn't sure if Solomon fits the 3-4 ER mold either.

I assumed he does and made the projection, but I wasn't sure and I'm still not sure.

What do you think about that?

As for your feedback:

You could be right about Allen, after all Leonard Williams slid to us at #6, which was very unexpected, and IMO he was a better prospect than Allen, so I can see where Allen, another DT/DE hybrid, can slide. However I would only caution that IMO this draft class is not nearly as strong at the top as the class that gave us Williams. IMO Williams is easily a TOP 3 Pick in this class, not a chance in hell he would have slid past #3, but that class was loaded with elite prospects at the top of the board. But again, IMO Williams carried a higher grade than Allen, so its possible Allen can slide. Interesting thought.

I expect Lattimore to tear it up at the combines and run in the low 4.3's, maybe 4.2's, and he has the size you look for now to cover the bigger wideouts. As I said with Allen, I don't think he cracks the TOP 5 in 2015, but in this class I think he has a chance if he performs well in his workouts.

I did not know about Hooker's injury history, first I've heard of it, so that one I might need to reevaluate. I gotta look into that, thanks for the heads up.

Lastly, really good question about Ramcyzk.

I think its very possible he could wind up being the pick for the Jets at #6. LT is a premium position, it fills our biggest need, and this kid, from everything I can gather, is highly regarded by the scouting community. Is he regarded as a potential FLT? Could be, and if he is, I can't see him getting by the Jets at #6. Right now most people don't have him in the TOP 10, but FLT's are in demand.
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 02-25-2017 at 10:47 PM.

want to see the Western mich kid at the combines

Team Owner
    My vote at the moment is for LB Reuben Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    1. BROWNS - Myles Garrett, ER, Texas A&M
    2. 49ERS - Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC
    3. BEARS - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
    4. JAGUARS - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
    5. TITANS - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
    6. JETS - Solomon Thomas, ER, Stanford
    7. CHARGERS - Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
    8. PANTHERS - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
    9. BENGALS - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
    10. BILLS - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
    11. SAINTS - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
    12. BROWNS - Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
    13. CARDINALS - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
    14. COLTS - Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    15. EAGLES - Corey Davis, WR, W. Michigan
    16. RAVENS - Taco Charlton, ER, Michigan
    17. REDSKINS - Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
    18. TITANS - Derek Barnett, ER, Tennessee
    19. BUCS - Christian McCaffery, RB, Stanford
    20. BRONCOS - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
    21. LIONS - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    22. DOLPHINS - Takkarist McKinley, ER, UCLA
    23. GIANTS - DeMarcus Walker, DL, FSU
    24. RAIDERS - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
    25. TEXANS - Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
    26. SEAHAWKS - Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida
    27. CHIEFS - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
    28. COWBOYS - John Ross, WR, Washington
    29. PACKERS - Tim Williams, ER, Alabama
    30. STEELERS - Haason Reddick, ER, Temple
    31. FALCONS - Charles Harris, ER, Missouri
    32. PATRIOTS - Carl Lawson, ER, Auburn

Crazy not to take one of the RB's at 6.
    Ain't nobody better mess with the fine feathered figaro!

Banned
    We need two tackles . Draft one here .

RE: Is Solomon Thomas a fit for the Jets' defense

If his numbers are true 6'3" 275 I agree with Jimmy he's projecting more as an Aaron Donald three down DT type of guy than as an ER. Best case maybe he bulks up and can be a Strahan/Reggie White type of big 4-3 DE but end of the day he's not a Von Miller type which is what this defense needs more than anything (besides CB). Bottom line another DL not an ER and the Jets are lousy with those players.

Is Derek Barnett in your first round? This article from Jeremiah and Brooks on NFL.com came out yesterday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...st-pass-rusher

He is supposedly ten pounds lighter than Thomas, probably more like Barnett in body type. One of these pass rushers will rise...

The Jets drafting the kid from Wisconsin is a legit pick because it might actually be the worst need on the roster right now and teams will take a tackle starter top 10. Mac is supposed to be this BPA guy and blah blah blah but some tackle always goes top 10. The Wisconsin pedigree is beloved in NFL OL circles. It used to be only LT went top 10 but Lane Johnson and Jack Conklin picks put that to bed.

Side note, we all saw Brandon Shell can start at RT as a rookie, maybe with another year of developement, try him at LT in camp and start the rookie Ramcyk at RT (where he has more TE help, worse rushers etc). Secretly that Brandon Shell pick was great, the kid will be a ten year guy, probably at RT. But he was so successful, why not try him out at LT? Just for flexibility the Jets need 2 of these guys and odd things can happen. David Diehl started LT for the Giants in their Super Bowl and Jason Fabini started at LT (as MSGold loves to remind us). somehow Cordy Glenn became a Pro Bowl LT- that was a projection few made when he was drafted.

All that being said is Ramcyk a better prospect than Deshean Watson? Again workouts will be a factor. If the Jets pass on Watson in favor of Mike Glennon and CHristian Hackenberg, and a 3rd round pick on Davis Webb or whoever, Mac could be done in this town. I am leaning toward projecting the Jets taking Watson out of desperation if nothing else. Taking Watson and "Developing" him buys Mac time.

They might find a tackle in free agency. They aren't finding a QB.

As for the RB's you have them valued correctly, which most aren't doing right now. Fournette was beat up at LSU and the most important part of the combine for him will be medical exams. Cook is dynamic and could be drafted higher than Fournette but it's a ballsy move for either at 6 overall. People talk about Adrian Peterson and Todd GUrley but I can't shake the memory of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac williams. Even if these guys do work out amazing it's a high pick on a positin that gets chewed up.

Ditto Rueben Foster at ILB at 9. He's already hurt and has surgery that will take him out of workouts. Alabama has a tendency to be tough on their defenders (shades of Dee Milliner, already hurt when he arrived). People say Foster is amazing, and that can be true. He can be Luke Kuechly, that dude got concussed so hard this year he was sobbing on the field. He can be Patrick Willis who retired way too early. I don't know how any team goes top 10 at RB or ILB. Maybe someone does it but Jerry Jones is out of the market and the real GMs are risk adverse.

later in the round I'm not a real believer in McCaffery as a first rounder, again hed have to work out a beast and is kind of a tweener positionally.

Let me also add nice job on Carl Lawson he will be a real first rounder and most are sleeping on this prospect. Hassan Reddick is another ballsy and possibly very good pick. I like that QB Kizer isn't in the round, he has character stuff that teams could avoid.

Overall it's a really nice effort for not having combine numbers.

Packers Moderator
    Per sources #Alabama DE Tim Williams failed many drug tests, has Randy Gregory type problem. Could slip to Round 2. Packers wont be taking him Rd 1
    2008 NFLFans Fantasy Football League Champion