Thread: Kirk Cousins

Kirk Cousins

Supposedly there is a better than 50% chance Kirk Cousins won't be back with the Redskins. I know Pope thinks Cousins is overrated. What does the rest of the board think, especially since Cousins would cost a pretty penny and high draft picks?

Assistant Coach
    I would keep the draft picks and build the team. Maybe we will find a diamond in the rough?

I'm passing, for the reasons you gave SOF. What I read is that his tag # for this year is about $23 mil & he wants to use that as the base # for the annual value of his contract. That plus multiple high picks & he just isn't worth it.
    "On to 2017"

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    I would keep the draft picks and build the team. Maybe we will find a diamond in the rough?
    Ever since Joe Namath with that line of thinking.

I think he has ability.

I don't think he's worth the franchise tag number/salary.

I don't think he's worth that plus a boatload of picks/player.

If Washington doesn't tag him he becomes a UFA it'll be interesting to see what the market thinks he's worth.

I'll say this if my team is gonna make that type of trade, pay that type of salary do it for him rather than new england's Ryan Mallet II.

The Real JetMan
    If you have a team that's "ready" (09 Jets), then sure. He's not a Ryan Fitztragedy noodle armed JAG. I'd rank him as slightly above average in the Alex Smith tier of QBs. He's not going to get any better, though. Signing him so that we can win 6 games for 2 years and draft with the eyes on "win now" as opposed to building a long-term contender is not something I'd be for.

Make no mistake about it, some team will pay him. Big time. It only takes one. Ostrich got paid with what, a handful of games on his resume?

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    Supposedly there is a better than 50% chance Kirk Cousins won't be back with the Redskins. I know Pope thinks Cousins is overrated. What does the rest of the board think, especially since Cousins would cost a pretty penny and high draft picks?
    Clearly better then anything we have but not good enough to be worth the crazy money and years commitment it would take to get him. Hes a fringe FQB at best and we are nowhere near being a contender. All he does is make us more "entertaining"...and we know how that worked out this past year.