Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The media perception of the Jets going into this offseason

Exactly!! That's what I said in the last post and he COMES BACK with the SAME examples.

Pope, Fitz was "our Manning" remember? LMAO. Sheer utter stupidity.

GG, listen, #1, I told you already, I'm OK w/ taking a hot with Taylor based on price. And here is the part of the price that you DON'T GET. Because I actually agree with you that teams make bad deals and waste money all the time, but it's not about the wasted money, it's about the wasted TIME. If you give Taylor a huge guaranteed contract you force yourself to COMMIT multiple years to him. If he pans out mediocre you are just spinning wheels and wasting time when you could have been one or two prospects closer to your ACTUAL answer. The contract dictates the COMMITMENT. Shit, I'll give him $25m if it's just a one year deal. I don't want to be COMMITTED if he sucks.

And Romo. Laugh my f@cking ass off. He is NEVER coming here even if you DO want him. He will ONLY go to a contender. You think he's coming to a 5 win team, with a sh!t, probable lame duck HC, and a questionable OL???? Bwaaahhhaa He's going to a good team that needs a QB to put them back in contention caliber. Zona, Houston, Minnesota, teams like that, not the sad Jets. Even if he would, and you want him, he has played 5 games in the last 2 seasons and BACK ISSUES are his deal. Not an ankle, or a knee, or a shoulder. His f@cking back. Back issues never go away. He makes sense for a contender on a short window, no lose situation. Not here. I mean please.

Show me the available Farve, Warner, Manning and I'm with you. Otherwise, go back to the kiddie table.

"There comes a time when a team sees the draft isn't working for them" Bwaaaahhhhaaaa

There CAME A TIME, and its STILL that time, and it will always be that time, when 90% of ALL SUPERBOWLS are won by teams that have a FQB that they DRAFTED!!!! This is what you are up against and you use the 10% group as your reasoning to CONTINUE to try and chase the 10% model. Anyone who looks at results where 90% of the winners do it one way, and 10% of the winners do it another way, and then CHOOSE to chase the 10% model, well it just makes you really f@cking stupid. Sorry, truth hurts.
    Last edited by JWilly; 02-21-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Coach in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilly View Post
    Exactly!! That's what I said in the last post and he COMES BACK with the SAME examples.

GG, listen, #1, I told you already, I'm OK w/ taking a hot with Taylor based on price. And here is the part of the price that you DON'T GET. Because I actually agree with you that teams make bad deals and waste money all the time, but it's not about the wasted money, it's about the wasted TIME. If you give Taylor a huge guaranteed contract you force yourself to COMMIT multiple years to him. If he pans out mediocre you are just spinning wheels and wasting time when you could have been one or two prospects closer to your ACTUAL answer. The contract dictates the COMMITMENT. Shit, I'll give him $25m if it's just a one year deal. I don't want to be COMMITTED if he sucks.

And Romo. Laugh my f@cking ass off. He is NEVER coming here even if you DO want him. He will ONLY go to a contender. You think he's coming to a 5 win team, with a sh!t, probable lame duck HC, and a questionable OL???? Bwaaahhhaa He's going to a good team that needs a QB to put them back in contention caliber. Zona, Houston, Minnesota, teams like that, not the sad Jets. Even if he would, and you want him, he has played 5 games in the last 2 seasons and BACK ISSUES are his deal. Not an ankle, or a knee, or a shoulder. His f@cking back. Back issues never go away. He makes sense for a contender on a short window, no lose situation. Not here. I mean please.

Show me the available Farve, Warner, Manning and I'm with you. Otherwise, go back to the kiddie table.

"There comes a time when a team sees the draft isn't working for them" Bwaaaahhhhaaaa

There CAME A TIME, and its STILL that time, and it will always be that time, when 90% of ALL SUPERBOWLS are won by teams that have a FQB that they DRAFTED!!!! This is what you are up against and you use the 10% group as your reasoning to CONTINUE to try and chase the 10% model. Anyone who looks at results where 90% of the winners do it one way, and 10% of the winners do it another way, and then CHOOSE to chase the 10% model, well it just makes you really f@cking stupid. Sorry, truth hurts.
    The one qualifier I'll offer is if you have a team that's just a decent QB away from being a top contender. For example, I think our 2009 team had such a great defense and OL that even a very mediocre QB would have given us a great shot at it all. (I personally feel Strongly that Sanchez was along for the ride and had very little to do with our success that year. I seem to recall Thomas Jones running into fronts with so many guys that no one had ever seen anything like it before.) IF we had that kind of team, I'd want any decent JAG QB out there just to avoid the complete disaster QB. But we don't have anywhere near that kind of team. Average at best, I'd say, even if we had a good QB. And we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen76 View Post

The money is irrelevant to me I don't give a rat's @ss.

I thought the board theory that GG and Bit were the same person was an inside joke...but now I clearly see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    I thought the board theory that GG and Bit were the same person was an inside joke...but now I clearly see it.

LOL, welcome aboard SOF; once you see it it's hard to imagine there could be 2 of them isn't it?
    "On to 2017"

Now you sound like the media can't see the forest past the trees.

This team went 10-6 in 2015 more importantly the O set franchise records, Decker-Marshall set franchise records, Fitzpatrick set a franchise record. I go back to that glorious week 2 win in Buffalo this past season that's what this Jets offense could SHOULD be each and every week.

Arizona makes sense for Romo no doubt because of Arians because of Fitzgerald they're a serious threat to land him. As is Kansas City because of Andy Reid's offensive mind.

Houston I don't see I think it's just a media fantasy. Didn't they pay Bust Osweiler a ton of money last offseason? I don't think Romo wants to go someplace to just manage the game, play second fiddle to a defense. I don't see much talent on that O.

Denver see Houston.

Romo wants to throw the football. Put it on his shoulders. I guess after these past two seasons he's starving to play again.

If he's smart he'll look at the nuclear arsenal the Jets have amassed here I think with Romo the Jets could be the #1 offense in football. They'll light up the scoreboard.

Brandon Marshall would need to be here, Eric Decker would need to be here. If the Jets cut one or both of those guys THEN bring in Romo SAME OLD JETS.

I think the Romo situation compares favorably to the Manning situation because of the health risk involved and the ability of the player when healthy.

I don't think he'd be as big as when Brett arrived still he'd grab a lot of attention no doubt. He'd bring a lot of excitement, hope too.

If he comes here willingly it could turn out better than Brett.

I'll take the 10% over the 0% shot with the busts the Jets have been drafting for most of their history.

What you said about TIME above the same applies to draft picks. Look how much TIME the Jets wasted on Geno TWO seasons down the toilet chasing the fantasy. Sanchez omg that was torture FOUR seasons chasing the fantasy.

Bryce Bust is awful from the sounds of it Christian Bustenberg is even more awful this Gm has already tried the draft twice. It's time to try something else no one is saying he can't try again some time in the future NOW 2017 try something else

Team Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SOF.Gator View Post
    Bit is so stupid he forgets to stagger the times when they "both" post.

Yeah, and how has.....

Boomer Esiason
    Frank Reich
    Neil O'Donnel
    Vinny Testeverde
    Rick Mirer
    Quincy Carter
    Brett Favre
    Michael Vick
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

Worked out for us. Oh, much much better. Zero rings and counting.

You wanna be a big boy? You gotta be GOOD at what makes the big boys the big boys. And that is the draft.

See this list here. That's trying to shortcut the system. Results = FAIL. There are no shortcuts. There are only FOOLED FOOLS who believe they keep finding one. Every year they get FOOLED into believing that THAT QB, who's own team is WILLING to let go away, is our short cut to a ring. Nope. That's just fools being FOOLED.

You're a fool.

Yeah, and how has.....

Boomer Esiason
    Frank Reich
    Neil O'Donnel
    Vinny Testeverde
    Rick Mirer
    Quincy Carter
    Brett Favre
    Michael Vick
    Ryan Fitzpatrick

Worked out for us. Oh, much much better. Zero rings and counting.

You wanna be a big boy? You gotta be GOOD at what makes the big boys the big boys. And that is the draft.

See this list here. That's trying to shortcut the system. Results = FAIL. There are no shortcuts. There are only FOOLED FOOLS who believe they keep finding one. Every year they get FOOLED into believing that THAT QB, who's own team is WILLING to let go away, is our short cut to a ring. Nope. That's just fools being FOOLED.

You're a fool.
    Man are you reaching with some of those names.

Vick LOL.

That bum was signed to backup Geno Smith GENO SMITH!!!

Quincy Carter!!! Another backup. He did his job when Chad went down that season but get real no one had big ideas about him when he was signed.

If MacCagnan is stupid enough to bring in Hoyer or McCown you can put his name alongside those names he'd fit in perfectly.

Vinny, Brett and Fitzpatrick gave me three of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember. The highest I've ever seen the Jets ranked in a power ranking is #2 after they had demolished 10-0 Tennessee in Tenessee and won @ New England in 2008.

Unfortunately injuries wrecked those seasons but make no mistake about it the Jets were legitimate contenders.

I'm telling you right now if the Jets trade for Tony Romo and MacCagnan doesn't do something incredibly stupid like cut or trade away Decker-Marshall he brings back the entire arsenal for another run this time with Tony Romo the New York Jets are going nuclear on the NFL in 2017.

Think week 2 2016 x 16 in 2017.

Last edited by ganggreen76; 02-23-2017 at 07:46 PM.

They were all ONE HIT WONDERS!!!!!!!

It's next to impossible to win the f@cking SB that way!!!!

Case in point, WE DIDN'T. Any of those times. No longevity.

You are an idiot chasing "entertainment". Go watch Lego Batman. It always ends happy.